Sign in to follow this  
rustbucket

another jac joins the mut herd.

rustbucket

as you prolly can tell i won the auction that TT showed me for that sexy original paint sceem jacobsen cheif 1000 off of ebay and only got to pay 120 for her. not bad at all even with the bum deck cause i have a spare shell in mint condition to rebuild useing that bad deck.

Attached Image

post-11-1212462295.jpg

rustbucket

another

Attached Image

post-11-1212462326.jpg

rustbucket

all i can say is at least im holding true to kohler K series engines hehe. this makes another kohler comeing home to me.

rustbucket

got it home today the guy is awsome who i bought it from he is a garage tinkerer of the up most caliber and also gets wheel horses threw his doors occasionaly so i gave him my number and asked him to call me if ever another hrse rolled in for sale.

this jacobsen needs carb work but the rest is solid sweet heavy duty working tractor. the engine is good and we had it running for a short bit before realiseing the float is stuck.

TT

That's what we like to hear! :WRS:

The way things are going these days, even someone else's good news really helps! :whistle:

Now he just needs to fetch you up some more Horses. :D

rustbucket

the guy i got it from is keeping me in the loop for when a horse comes in and he is willing to sell he says i got dibs before epay

perry

thats a mighty fine lookin jake :whistle: :WRS:

rustbucket

thanks perry and TT for the posative feed back it has a um go-cart steering wheel and a seat off an old fork lift and the seat pan the seat bolts to is home built out of 1/4 inch alum or steel dun knows yet.

rocking 416

hey rust bucket NICE FIND!! :whistle: I have a jacobsen GT10 belive it to be 1976 but not sure, It has sleeve hitch an lug tires mower deck is solid but the spindles are loud electric pto its old my grand dad mowed with it for years .

but ill tell ya she has held up the steerin has alot of play it broke a RAG gear once . it is built tho tube steel frame peerless 5 speed with grany gear ill have to find a picture of it for ya ..Daniel

rustbucket

they sure are built to work thats for sure. nuthing wrong with a little compatiton for the horses from way back when.

rustbucket

well i found out what the "fule system issues" where. the carb that was on it had a blown float and was filled with rust almost mud looking to be honest. the carb is shot for now but thankfully i have a jacobsen 1200 super cheif with a seized engine but a dang fine carb with nuthing wrong to it. so a simple carb swap and boom up and trucking. now to fix those holy front tires. hmmmmm