Sign in to follow this  
Docwheelhorse

Been having affair and need to confess

Docwheelhorse

Hello All--

Okay now that I got your attention.... :ROTF:

First off.... another great show, thanks to Stevebo for the cold refreshments and the replacement marker lamp lens. Thanks to Chris11 and his son Tony for some good old fashion BS session at the Blue Sky and thanks to whoever else that I have accidently forgotten that helped make the weekend another good time! :woohoo:

Now.... a few years ago I was standing looking at a large pile of tractors and attachments and parts and whatever and started saying WHY AM I PLAYING WITH ALL THIS STUFF.... :D I was thinking I should sell all of it and build one of the 4 antique cars I had laying around on blocks. Well I wrestled with myself on and off and recently Sparky cleared out a few tractors and started looking for a Corvette for him and his wife to go cruising in.... As most of you know he ended up with a sweeeeeeeeet Iroc Z28 recently. I decided at that point it was time to make a move. I sold 3 of the 4 antique cars and a few of my highly sought after desireable antique rifles and parted with 2 of my "high end" Wheel Horses and purchased this----> KGrHqUOKpoE25FDCtkcBN0o3tfdrQ_12.jpg

I have been in love with Novas since I was 10 and my Grandma bought a '74.... Two of the cars I got rid of where Novas in fact. An SS and an RS.... well I bought this car for less than I could fix anything I had the way I wanted it. So if you where wondering at the show why I wasn't in a buying frenzy now you know.... I have slowed down on the horses a bit and will go back to them--theres still 30 runners around here!!! But for now I'm going to do the hamburger/ice cream/cruise night scene with my wife and kids :D

The quick facts---

Its a 1971 real SS with a 400 sbc that has been warmed over to the tune of 425 hp, it has a Muncie M21 4 speed (Factory 4 speed car) and 3.73 12 bolt posi... Its been restored soup to nuts and has two best in show trophys to its name. I am heading out Tuesday am to go get it and bring it back. the original motor and trans come with it should I ever want to go back to numbers matching. More pics will follow.

Tony

C-Series14

Sweet! Love the bowtie's!!! :woohoo:

JimD

Ohh ya Doc, gonna need more pic of that sweet ride. Had a 70 Nova way back as a young guy, and loved that car.

Sparky

I'm really lookin forward to laying my eyes on it Thursday. But you know we aint racin pal!!!!

Mike........

stevebo

I can see it now.. you and Sparky lining them up and running them down the street.... Looks very nice :woohoo:

chris11

Well maybe you can beat me home with the nova Bud.Tony thanks for the great time. My son and I enjoyed hanging out with you guys. I cant wait to see the Nova.

Ken B

Very nice Tony! Here is my line up prediction (not that it will ever happen but just for fun) On a back road with lots of turns, Tony is toast, in a straight line, Sparky would be seein nothing but Nova tail lights in a big way.

Here is a shot of my Father in Law back in the day in his 68 Chevy 2 (before they were called Nova's) doing what they do best.

ScannedImage-15-1.jpg

smoreau

:woohoo: I just love the older Nova's and that is a sweet looking ride!! :ROTF: easy to work on and lots of great parts avalible new and used. Great score!! and enjoy!! I know I would!! :D:D Ok we need a picture of Tony's nova and Sparkys Z28 together, that would be a nice picture!!

idruthrbfishin

Very nice Duece! It takes a straight car to look that good in Black, and that one sure is fine. I have owned several myself, my latest x-body is a '75 with a 350/350 turbo. Not the nicest Nova in terms of body lines, but by I will admit it does handle better and ride nicer than the older ones I have had. Have fun with the family cruisees, that will build some fine memories and hopefully get the youngsters hooked on the classics!

Kelly

VERY NICE, I have a newer Nova (77) but would love to have a 68 to 72 model, you did good, enjoy.

mowerman1193

Very nice Nova, I like them a lot more than I used to, I was always a Chevelle man and I had a 71 SS that I wish I could have hung on to. I started a frame off restore on it in the early 90's but being young and starting a family etc etc I had to let her go.

My Brother has a factory 71 SS Nova he did a complete restore on back in the early 90's as well. His has a built 355 with the M21 4 speed as well. His is a red color and the only thing not factory is a fiberglass cowl induction hood.. He also put black hood & deck strips on it..I keep saying one day I will have another..

Kevin

Docwheelhorse

Thanks for all the replies!!!! Hey Ken... I've seen that pic before and it STILL is the coolest '68--'72 Drag Nova I have ever seen. If and when I ever get enough money that would be a car I would love to duplicate. Oh Yah... as far as the ability to go around corners.... I plan on sending the car out to KTR Racing in Mass... Chris11---didn't you say you could get me a deal there??? :woohoo:

Tony