The Toolman

Sears buyers, read this first

chazm

Go figure... :hide: It was only a matter of time :hide:

I imagine that that they will keep the Craftsman brand , :WRS:

It probley what has been carring them this long :disgust:

Chaz :)

T-Mo

Sears doesn't make anything, so the products will still be available, just in different stores. As for Craftsman lawn tractors, most of them are made by AYP who also makes Poulan and has their hand in Husqvarna tractors. Also Briggs and MTD made some for Sears, so they will live on in some form or another.

If Sears does go under, then it should help sells at HD, Lowes, other hardware type stores, JC Penney and other clothing franchises, etc. Sells of MTD and Briggs models will increase at Lowes, HD, Walmart, TSC and other places, as well as sells of Cub Cadets and JDs sold at Lowes and HD (TSC also for CCs).

Personally I would rather see K-mart go under than Sears.

SousaKerry

My soon to be wife works at Sears Auto Center selling tires. All the bullcrap policies she has to put up with and the quotas for credit apps and Suck Your Way Rewards sign-ups......

sure sounds like a dying company with rotting management trying to make a few last minute grabs for cash flow.

Funniest thing is with all the rampant unemployment in this state they can't get good employees let alone keep them. Tracey has been looking for a new job almost since she started(took it to pay the bills) she has been there less then a year and is second in seniority in her department.

:hide:

ok I broke my soapbox so I'll get off the pile of broken wood now

qd-16

So does this mean no more Craftsman Tools ?.....or the lifetime warranty? :hide:

CasualObserver

It doesn't mean anything. It's a finance editorial article by "24/7 Wall Street" about predictions of business that may close.

Jim_M

Actually it was the other way around, Sears bought K Mart.

My brother worked for the K Mart corporation from 1966 to 2010, his wife still works for Sears Holding Corporation. He says things were going down hill before Sears bought them, but the changes Sears made to the company made him decide it was time to retire. In his opinion neither company will go out of business but there will be some changes and maybe some new owners before it's all over with.