Sign in to follow this  
mattd860

Ward 16 Hydrostatic

mattd860

I came across this non-running tractor for $100 bucks. Is it worth it? The seller claims the motor and hydro work well but started take the motor apart years ago and never finished. By taking the motor apart - all he did was unbolt 2 of the 4 oil pan bolts.

It's definitely missing some pieces here the there. The front PTO looks jury rigged or just missing some pieces to work properly. It also comes with disassembled 3-point hitch.

Where do I find some more info on this machine? Any idea what year it is?

2011-06-18_10-04-01_882.jpg

2011-06-18_10-03-43_991.jpg

2011-06-18_10-03-36_875.jpg

2011-06-18_10-03-21_360.jpg

perry

yes it is worth $100. keep the rear AG's and sell the rest :hide: .

that is a late 1970's tractor made by gilson .

the briggs motor is worth something too. same engine as the older simplicitys-Allis chalmers tractors. that hydro lift runs off the trans so there is no external pump. the older wards had the external pump that was very simuliar to the wheel horse HY-kit. the front PTO is correct just not hooked up. let me know if you need anymore info. and if you decide to sell the 3pt let me know.

here is the gilson/wards club website - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GilsonCollectors/

mattd860

yes it is worth $100. keep the rear AG's and sell the rest :hide: .

that is a late 1970's tractor made by gilson .

the briggs motor is worth something too. same engine as the older simplicitys-Allis chalmers tractors. that hydro lift runs off the trans so there is no external pump. the older wards had the external pump that was very simuliar to the wheel horse HY-kit. the front PTO is correct just not hooked up. let me know if you need anymore info. and if you decide to sell the 3pt let me know.

here is the gilson/wards club website - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GilsonCollectors/

yeah the guy wants $75 for the ags and wheels or $100 for everything :WRS: