Sign in to follow this  
ricksrj58

857 tranny

ricksrj58

ok before i pop the forks out, can the gear on the bottom of the cluster be flipped over since the teeth on top are worn away?

SAM_0190.jpg

racinfool40

That's your input shaft it is suppose to be like that. The Gear right above it on the shift fork should slide right over the top of the input gear and mesch together...I'd finish pulling it all apart and check things from there, After a good cleaning.. :hide:

ricksrj58

answered my own question when it fell apart lol thanks

ricksrj58

just bought all new bearings and seals but bdi bearing cannot find a replacement bearing for the the axle.bearing has what looks to be #7439 on it.can i still get this from toro dealer?

racinfool40

# 7439 is the 1533 ball bearing and the only place to get them is Toro about 80.00 a piece :hide::WRS: Their has been many a person look for a cheaper alternative and still to this day No luck!!!

ricksrj58

ok thanks for the info,i called the dealer and ordered 2.i want to have this tractor together for this weekend and should have all bearings and seals by wed.

stevasaurus

You have some cleaning to do. :WRS: If you do not have gunk tank...mineral spirits works great...use some bearing grease in the bearings after they are cleaned...not too much...just enough to keep the needle bearings in place when you put it back together. Let us know. :hide:

ricksrj58

got everything cleaned up and now just waiting for all my bearings to come in.i am hoping to have this 857 together for the show.