Sign in to follow this  
stoneman

Does this seem scammy to you guys?

stoneman

I found this ad on youngstown craigslist, and something just doesn't seem right. Any thoughts or advise would be appreciated. thanks

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/tid/2414781321.html

I emailed the guy, and this is the message I got back from him.

David Krieger to me

show details 6:59 AM (1 hour ago)

Hello I'm David and first of all i want to thank you for your recent interest in my 2006 nomad travel trailer. I am the first owner, comes with all the bells and whistles, you will receive it with all papers and receipts that he needs to register it so if you buy it you don't have to worry about the paperwork. My final price is $2,600. The trailer is in showroom condition, no liens, no pets, no smoke; it was never involved in an accident, 8 sleeping capacity, leveling jacks included and clear title, length feet: 31 dry. I must to use eBay Protection Program for this sale, because I want to avoid wasting time with negotiations and find a buyer before my upcoming deployment take place. That way you will receive assistance for the purchase, paperwork, title transfer.

If you are still interested please email me back so I can explain you how the transaction will work.

Here are 96 pictures: http://imageshack.us/g/854/32738635.jpg/

Thanks

peace-emoticon-for-msn-04.gif

nylyon

$2,600 is WAY too low for that camper there is something wrong there unless it's stolen, completely destroyed or something.

dennist

I believe it is a scam for sure. They seem to all offer a great deal and want to go through the protection plan. Yeah-Right! I find whenever they use their own e-mail vs. through CL they seem to have a higher chance of scam.

mowerman1193

Looks like a scam to me..These guys are really getting tricky. I get custom order request all the time on my craft store. But they find that I require 100% non refundable cash up front before I start working a custom order. Wish I didn't have to do that considering I do like people to be satisfied with what they order. But my time and material cost are not free to these jokers.

If they could put half of their efforts into a real job they could be very successful legally..

Kevin

stoneman

Thanks you guys. No doubt about it being a scam now. I never would have considered it seriously without being able to put my eyeballs on it, and now I see that it's impossible to do that. If it sounds too good to be true . . . it's almost always is.

Anybody know of a good one for sale under 5000.00 let me know. Thanks again.

chazm

Well guys, like they say ... " If it seams to good to be true" <_< :):WRS::hide:

Chaz :disgust:

mr.pipes

I see them all the time on CL.

2 new ATV's on a trailer for $3000

20K boats for $4000

Type the description in any state and the same ad shows up.

Must be scamming some poor fools cause they keep doing it.

HorseFixer

I see them all the time on CL.

2 new ATV's on a trailer for $3000

20K boats for $4000

Type the description in any state and the same ad shows up.

Must be scamming some poor fools cause they keep doing it.

They say that CRIME doesn't pay! :hide: Well all I can say is it pays me every day! :hide:

Yep its getting to be a wicked world out there. :beer: And with the way the economy is......

I dont think it will be getting any better! :)

There is one place that the Bars stay open all night in my County... The problem is most people cant afford our Bar Tab. :WRS:

Cheers ~Duke

:disgust:

Duff

If you read the replies (or the initial descriptions) from the sellers very carefully, you'll pick up on some consistent language patterns that point to an off-shore writer. Most of these scams are originating well outside the US-of-A and the countries they come from are, shall we say, less than friendly to us so our law enforcement agencies get nowhere trying to track them down. Kinda sux, but it's the world the Internet, despite all of it's good points, has created. :hide:

Duff :WRS:

canam1991

its probably over seas low price but pay for a container and shipping hence the correct price

can whlvr

when i was looking to buy a skid steer,there was a bunch of adds on our kijiji site(similar to craiglist)for machines that were 1 year old and like 100 hours,up here that means at least 30,000.00they were listed for 3500.00you pay them first and then they ship you the machine,ya right,so i called these people and said where are the machines to look at,they said nova scotia,i said thats great im from nova scotia(which is 2000 miles from me)can i se a skid steer im interested in and i will pay cash on ythe spot,then they tell me that they are over seas,well anyway i was just screwing with them,i knew it was way too good to be true