TT's new 856

kj4kicks

TT is the proud (?) new owner of the old 856. Here he is on his test drive:

P6010104.JPG

P6010105.JPG

P6010101.JPG

P6010102.JPG

P6010103.JPG

After passing the initial test, he wanted to see if would actually mow the grass.... and it does:

P6010106.JPG

P6010107.JPG

As you can tell, I had a "blast" here this weekend !

T-Mo

TT must be enjoying that comfy boat seat. :whistle:

nylyon

You got some serious air on that one! Looking good!

DMESS

That IS a dang nice tractor isn't it TT? I was surprised at the condition when I saw it compared to how it looked in the pics. Done good on that one.

Nice shots of the wheels in the air! Never tried it personally. :whistle:

TT

It is definitely a nice specimen - considering where it came from before Eldon rescued it. :D It certainly wouldn't take much to "pretty it up some", but I believe that some tractors deserve to wear their original "coat & badges". It really likes hanging out with its "big brother 1056" too! :WRS:

The boat seat is mighty comfortable, and the wheelie pics are excellent proof of my wonderful lack of mental stability. :dunno::whistle: (I have two witnesses :D )

KyBlue

Witnesses can be bribed.. I got just one word..PHOTOSHOP!!

haha Sorry TT couldnt resist!

Looks like a great machine - It'll have a good home thats for sure!

kj4kicks

Witnesses can be bribed.. I got just one word..PHOTOSHOP!!

haha Sorry TT couldnt resist!

Well, they could be bribed, but the witnesses are equally unstable, and ONE of them has the original pics !

Stigian

the wheelie pics are excellent proof of my wonderful lack of mental stability.

Have to agree with you there TT :whistle::D

Nice photo's and Wheel Horse :WRS: :D

linen beige

Judging by the pic.s, it definitely passed the "Redneck's guide to Quick and Easy Tractor Testing" "Clutch dump" test! :whistle: :WRS:

WheelHorse_of_course

Very nice Eldon.

Keep on enjoyin' those horses :whistle:

kpinnc

Really a nice 856 TT!

That's the kind you always want to find- In great shape, and a runner to boot!

Congrats!

Kevin

TT

Really a nice 856 TT!

That's the kind you always want to find- In great shape, and a runner to boot!

Congrats!

Kevin

I never thought that it would end up at my house when Eldon was asking about what to offer for it to the seller on Craigslist.

Remember THIS?

It certainly turned out to be a very "clean & unharmed" tractor - except for a few small items and one VERY LARGE seat! :whistle:

BTW - the big wheelie was about a 6 or 7 foot "carry" and would have made a :WRS: video! :D

kpinnc

I remember that one!

So, did you get a new water pump for it? :whistle:

Kevin

TT

Yeah, but I think it's the wrong one :whistle: :

7036902_Detail.jpg

I'm going to e-mail Toro and see if I can get the correct one. :WRS:

T-Mo

So what happen to that big stack? :whistle:

TT

So what happen to that big stack? :dunno:

Eldon kept it, Terry.

I think he was going to return it to the Harley factory. :whistle::WRS:

OR..... Keep your eyes peeled for one of his project tractors to end up with a :D sidepipe exhaust! :D

linen beige

Yeah, but I think it's the wrong one :whistle: :

7036902_Detail.jpg

I'm going to e-mail Toro and see if I can get the correct one. :D

That's the reciprocating style pump, PN# ReWP-o1 You need the rotational drive for the PTO, PN#RoWP-01. :D

The dealer, or at least the one here, ALWAYS messes up the lower case letters. :WRS:

So can we look forward to some video of a good long front wheel carry? That seat should make for a good back protector if'n it was to flip over backwards.

TT

I did manage to get a new battery in the 856 this afternoon. :WRS:

It was getting a bit inconvenient having to push it, so now I can just bump the key and drive it in and out of the shop. :D

Eldon, if you're "listening", it fired right up today. (fresh gas does wonders. :whistle: )

kj4kicks

It's a real shame that it needed so much work to make it run right. Time to enlist Mrs R for another video ?

TT

It's a real shame that it needed so much work to make it run right. Time to enlist Mrs R for another video ?

I like the ones that only need a battery... but I still have to get that spindle straightened before it wears the tires out. :whistle:

I might have to do the camera on the tripod while she's at work - my wheelies might scare her too much! :WRS:

Kelly

Might want to wait to fix your spindle, till after your wheelie video.

That is a good looking tractor, except the seat. :whistle:

TT

Might want to wait to fix your spindle, till after your wheelie video.

That is a good looking tractor, except the seat. :WRS:

It's just twisted where the tie rod bolts on, resulting in a little extra "toe-in". Hopefully I won't do any more damage. :whistle:

I have a low back seat off a Simplicity RER here somewhere that might have to find its way on there once the stunt riding is over. :D

HorseFixer

Well guys I just showed this to the Wife :dunno: and I said you will see this guy at the show! She said...... Honey... you pull better wheelies than that!! :WRS: At that point I just puffed my chest out! :D And then she said...... he must have a wife that takes pictures of him on his tractors too! :whistle:

TT nice find! Eldon ya got anymore of those layin around? :D

Duke

TT

I don't know about that, Duke..... I've had the fender tips scraping on the 400 more than once. (of course I was laying on my back on the ground behind it! :whistle: )

I do hold the local record for riding a wheelie on a riding lawnmower for two town blocks , but it had "helper" wheels. :WRS: (and I was even carrying two bottles of soda in my lap at the same time!)

This was also the first time I was ever on the 856, so I guess I'll get better with practice. (I didn't want to break it on its first day here.)

Eldon took those particular pictures, but Mrs. R. has been known to take quite a few. She's even getting pretty good with tractor videos too. :D

HorseFixer

Yer Right! :D thats why I puffed my chest out "Real Good" at least in her eyes I'm Doug Domokus the Wheelie KING! :D:whistle: Incidentially Doug was a personal friend of mine, and we went to school together here in Niles some of you Ole' timers may remember Doug. He was on T.V. all the time on shows like thats incredible. He died a few years back while sky diving R.I.P

TT you have no worries MATE! me not going to challenge you without a Roll cage and Wheelie bars! :D I dont feel like going Azz end over apple carts! I almost lost it on the 57 Pond tonight fartin around! :imstupid: I had a good hole shot and wheelie going! After I changed my shorts I rolled her in the garage! :dunno: :WRS: