Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Sunday driver

Sparky

If I live to be 90 years old then I'm at the mid-point of my life......so why not have a mini-mid-life-crisis :hide: . I sold a couple tractors and scrambled a few more dollars together and bought this yesterday. I was after a Vette at first but I'm not exactly kidless so I needed a car with a backseat(although its the littlest backseat ever). Its a 1986 Camaro IROC with 70,000 miles and T-tops. She's black on the outside with a tan interior. It wont mow the grass or clear the snow, but its gonna be a blast to cruise in I hope.

Mike.........

86IROC001.jpg

86IROC002.jpg

86IROC005.jpg

86IROC006.jpg

stevasaurus

WOW...that looks real clean. :WRS: A blast to cruise in...ya think!! :) Put a trailer hitch on that and pull a trailer queen to the show...priceless. :hide:

racinfool40

:WRS: :) Good one Steve and if he pulls a trailer with a tractor on it :disgust::hide: all kidding aside thats a nice lookin Camaro with only 70,000 on it Nice Score!!! :hide:

JimD

She's a beauty Mike. Congrats and enjoy! :hide:

smoreau

Looks great and its got a dependable engine that I would prefer over the newer P engine in the slightly newer camaro's. Looks solid and I bet it's got lots of power. Great buy Sparky!! :hide: Watch out for that Posi rear end on wet roads :WRS: It could get exciting :)

Ken B

Nice score Sparky! I had an 88 Iroc that had 60,000 on it when I sold it about ten yrs. ago. It was red with a grey interior and a 5 speed. I saw it this past summer, same guy still has it and he has only put an additional 5000 miles on it. Trust me, the Iroc will be much cheaper on your wallet to maintain. Thru the yrs. I've owned at least 3 Z-28'S and 2 Irocs. Word of caution, keep your eye on the speedo as you will hardly know it when you are doing 90.

I agree with Scott, they can be a little interesting in the rain. I bought a 78 Z-28 on the original owner yrs ago. She drove it in the rain once, the day she bought it. She was driving it home from the dealer on a hot steamy night right after it rained. She popped the clutch a little hard and the car spun right around! Scared the hell outta her and she never drove it in the rain again. I sure wish I still had it.

SALTYWRIGHT

I HAD ONE THE SAME IN RED. I HAD A TRAILER HITCH AND TOWED TO FLA MANY TIMES. GOOD LUCK WITH IT. RUSS

VinsRJ

Cool ride :hide: Would look right at home sitting next to my 87 GN :WRS:

Coadster32

Nice pickup. I love t-tops!! :hide:

perry

nice lookin car :hide: . they are fun to drive and handle good. but they are a pain to install aftermarket headers on and there is not much room for dual exhuast underneath.

horsefeathers

Sparky scratch a line off your "Bucket List"

Congrats' you did it!! You wouln't regret it!

Have fun!

:hide: HORSEFEATHERS!

dgoyette

Wow looks like you found a nice one! T-tops are cool!

chris11

Nice looking iroc, that is in great shape Mike. Didnt you want my Police cruzer???Go have some fun with that. :hide:

AMC RULES

Might want to think about changing that to a Mon through Sat driver instead. Maybe not be such a good idea to raise that much hell on Sunday. :hide:

HorseFixer

Mike nice looking "Z" :WRS: bet that'll haul the mail! :hide: what perfect timing, just in time for fathers day. Only thing ya shoulda done................. Have the wife Pony up $$$$$ for some of it! :) Happy fathers day 2 You! :hide:

Cheers ~Duke

:disgust:

Sparky

Thanks for all the comps guys! Took it out with the whole family yesterday and put 100+ miles on her. Ran great, didnt overheat, and the tranny shifted just as good hot as it does cold! I will need to wear a hat evertime I go out as the hair is getting thin and the sun was bakin my melon :WRS: !

Theres no trailer hitch in the future for this one tho so she wont be at the WH show guys :hide: !

Mike.........

Docwheelhorse

I've seen the car and its sweet... Runs good too.... I wonder if he will let me put a 100 horse nitrous kit on it for him :woohoo:

Tony

nylyon

I hadn't seen this post. Very nice Mike! Cruisin with the T-Tops off is a blast. I got to dig my "Z" out of the garage too play.