Sign in to follow this  
galen

Retro fit or refit?

galen

Ok, I need some guidance from the guru's. I have a 1076 with hydro lift. It came with an RL-366 deck which hit something hard enough to twist the spindle shaft off one side, and buggered up the bevel gears. The housing isn't great either.

I see here that it is possible to retrofit a Tach-a-matic system to some of the older tractors. We used a C-120 for a time at the family cottage, and most of the parts I remember seem like they should fit somehow. Is it do-able on this one? Or is this "The One" that nothing can be done to?

I would like a 42in deck, no discharge preference. I would probably need a front mount, mule drive, center mount, and what about linkage for the lift? Do they all use the single lift rod?

My fabrication skills end and nuts and bolts, but have access to welder, etc. OR, better to look for that pristine 366 deck that I'm never gonna find?

I'm looking for a mower, not a Trailer Queen, and if it's 45 years old, all the better! These things were meant to be used. :hide:

TT

:WRS:

Take a gander at this:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2819

Add a newer Attach-Matic mid-hitch and you're all set. :hide:

(I used a piece of chain to lift the deck when I had it on my 1056)

galen

TT, thanks, that's exactly the mod I was thinking of. My friends think I'm nuts for putting the work into this thing, but after seeing the stuff for sale new it didn't take me long to decide to stay old.

Would you believe that my dad got this from our new neighbor when we bought our house 35 year ago. We got the tractor, deck, snowthrower, and a canvas cab by the Original Cab. Co. But my Dad didn't want the other implements that were with it - rear tiller, moldboard, and sicklebar, so the neighbor SET THEM OUT FOR TRASH!! :hide: But lets move on...

Thanks again, TT!

sorekiwi

I mowed my 2 acres (and sometimes my neighbors 1 1/2 acres) all last year with a 1267 with a later 42" deck. It worked great!

:hide:

rexman72

:hide:

shorts

:WRS: :hide: for saving more old iron