Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

C-160 will require a Road Trip To Snatch

HorseFixer

Ok heres the deal this ones a Gamble. A Friend of Mine put me onto this one. This guy he knows purchased a Cabin and in the shed was this C-160 Tractor battery dead, flat right front tire, hasnt heard it run, doesnt know anything about it. This one is 460 miles round trip so this will require a road trip to ******. Looks like it has Hyd leaks as oils all over the deck. belt gaurd missing on the deck, needs battey, prolly tires the std things. It will cost me dragging the hauler about $175.00 in fuel to ****** so Im out that before I see it. How much would you pay on this gamble. :hide: Could end up with a strong machine or a lemon :) would be nice to have a big block :WRS: What say you?

Cheers ~Duke

:disgust:

stevebo

Based on that information no more than $150.

Sparky

An unknown motor and unknown hydro is a huge gamble :hide: . Maybe $150, but thats just a guess Duke.

Mike..........

Operator

Only thing I see wrong is the muffler! Loud! Which way did you say this cabin is? I'd jump on it Duke if I was you.

Kelly

I see it has the factory hour meter, did he say how many hours on it? looks like a 74-75 with gas figured in, not running as is, $100 with gas you will have $275 plus lunch so your pushing $300 for a unknown machine, you might get lucky you might not.

corn53

I`m a gambler I`d say go for it!!! The cheaper the better!!! 175-200 tops!!

squonk

I think there's 2 ways to look at it. If you want another tractor to use yes it's a gamble . But chances are at least either the motor or hydro are still good. My 160 burns too much oil to my liking. I saved up money for a rebuild. Then this spring the hydro went. I had to use the motor money for the hydro. After seeing what people want for a big-block (which you want) and trying to find the correct identical hydro parts and seeing the prices too, I say go for at and and at least you may end up with a spare motor or hydro for your blower tractor and part out the rest and make your money back.

Trouty56

Wonder what the skid marks are from near the front wheels?? You know I haven't bought too many tractors so when I do I get a feeling that is hard to put a price on. Money isn't anything till you spend it!! Have fun on your trip Duke... :hide:

squonk

Wonder what the skid marks are from near the front wheels?? You know I haven't bought too many tractors so when I do I get a feeling that is hard to put a price on. Money isn't anything till you spend it!! Have fun on your trip Duke... :hide:

Those skid marks line up with the back tires. I bet someone pushed it into the shed with either the park brake on or the tow valve closed.

Forest Road

Id sell if as "I'll do you a favor and get it out of there." $50 max just due to the.distance and.unknowns.

HorseFixer

Ok :) This Guy wants $175.00 for it. Should I press him and go a lil

cheaper say $125.00 or $150.00 Or just except the Deal as Not to piss him off

and go with it :disgust: I can sell the Deck EASY for around $250.00 to $300.00

which will lower my cash outlay. I sold the Ratley Azz Deck off my 417A for

$350.00 And the one off my C-120 for $400.00 So with that in mind what

ya Guys think? I have decks up my azz for my roundhoods and I really have

no use for one at my place on account of I Mow my yard with a pushmower

In 30 minutes anyways, and thats with emptying the bag 6 times :WRS: .

I dont know about you but I think a Tractor shows better with

out a deck on it anyways :hide: So What Ya Think?

Cheers ~Duke

:hide:

fourwheels0

i'd say grab it for $175.

even if it doesn't run and the rear is shot you can part it out make a bunch of cash off it.

or tell me where it's at and i'll go get it :WRS::hide::) .

Actonhorse

Sounds like you can make most of your money back on the deck alone, I would go have a look just to see what the note taped to the hood says? :hide:

shorts

:WRS: 175 for the tractor + 175 for the trip - 350 for the deck, your cost, lunch that you had to buy anyway and 1 day of your time and you want my opinion about a free bigblock tractor :) the real question is what do you want it for? snow chucker? if your lucky you could convert it to a 25hp dieseland have a totally custom snow chucker, no problems helping you spend your money :hide:

Gene_S

I'd take it for $175 for sure... So who was the sucker you sold the deck to? If your getting that much for a deck and can sell the one from the C-160 for that much it's a no brainer you should buy it... :hide: The motor is worth the $175 as long as it's not blown...

Shuboxlover

GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hide:

Before he changes his mind!!!! Or someone else gets wind of it!!!!

I paid $200 for my 160 I didn't hear run/drive and was a 6.5 hour round trip....but IT WAS WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

When they're that cheap, I don't dicker with em....I grab my wallet and smile allllllll the way home :) :WRS:

can whlvr

where im from thats a great deal,you cant include the cost of fuel too much,if that were the case id have only one tractor,the oil leak is no doubt the cylinder leaking,go up there and then offer less when you are there,if he says no then pay full price

Operator

You haven't left yet?

Where'd you say it is?

Kelly

you cant include the cost of fuel too much,if that were the case id have only one tractor

How can you not include the cost of fuel?? I just bought a loader tractor last weekend, and I figured the $100 I spent on gas as part of the cost, That is like buying on line and not figuring in the cost of shipping, money is money, I don't get free gas.

fireman

I'll second that Kelly. In the past 2 years or so I have passed on 4 or 5 really nice tractors due to the fact it would have cost me an additional $150 to $200 in fuel. You absolutely have to add the transportation cost in.

That is unless you have tons of money to burn!

Gene_S

I'll second that Kelly. In the past 2 years or so I have passed on 4 or 5 really nice tractors due to the fact it would have cost me an additional $150 to $200 in fuel. You absolutely have to add the transportation cost in.

That is unless you have tons of money to burn!

That would be Duke... Money to burn... :hide:

corn53

Keep us posted when u go get it!!!! :hide:

stevasaurus

Duke...life is too short to drink bad wine...and you can't take it with you. :WRS: The way you said "cabin", sounds like yer headin' north. That is a great drive...take MJ and make a holiday out of it...less of a pinch that way. Have a great trip, and I bet you do good. :hide:

Retired Wrencher

:hide: :WRS::) Duke it is like Steve said u know u have been around for a long time. these 16hp are getting harder to find every day. if the engine is not frozen u are still ahead because it is a 16hp tyranny is worth is worth over a $100 so as we all have said go fort it. Gary B..................

can whlvr

i did not say that i get FREE gas,so maybe you have to include the price of fuel,where im from you have to drive to get tractors,not too many in your backyard and for me if the tractor seems to be a good deal i dont worry about the cost of fuel,and we pay more than you guys up here,its just part of collecting,sure i dont drive 2 hours for a 40 dollar set of tires,but for a deal on a horse,sure