Sign in to follow this  
powerhawk56

C175 fuel system

powerhawk56

I was out mowing my grass and took a little break when I came back out to continue the :hide: started but after 20 ft or so it started to act like it had an empty tank which it didn't because I just filled it with gas I just bought. I can get the :WRS: to start on either but thats it it'll start then die. The manual talks about a fuel pump, what do you guys think?

jdog_kustoms

check the float needle on the carb they get gunked up with the new fuel and some of the kohlers didnt have the float to neddle clip and the float drops and the needle sticks in the hole and let no fuel in the carb and if not that check to see if feul pump is full of junk and do you have a filter in the fuel line

powerhawk56

I'll check the needle in the carb. Where's the fuel pump the motor I have on the :hide: is an 18 hp magnum Kohler. Yes I do have a filter in the gas line

jdog_kustoms

dont know for sure but just follow the fuel line from the carb it will end up at the pump it is probelly on the left hand side of the carb and down a little i think

Butch

When I replaced my leaking fuel pump I chose to try and bend all the linkage out of the way to gain access to the pump. As a result I now have tractor that idles at 3600 RPM. I musta done something to the linkage or governor when I folded it all back. So use caution if you choose to replace your pump.

multihobbyguy

I know on a KT17 I could just pull the fuel line going to the carb and see if it shoots gas out while cranking over to check the fuel pump.