Sign in to follow this  
papaglide

416-8

papaglide

I have a chance to get a Toro Wheel Horse 416-8 with 889.1hrs on it. Serial number is 6900496 model number is 73422. Powered by an Onan. I assume that this is a good tractor. Better than my B-80 me thinks?

Should I stay away because of the Onan?

Can someone familiar with this model give me their opinion of it please! Thanks! :hide:

Shuboxlover

I have two tractors that have Onan's on them....a D-160 and a 520-H....Both are the smoothest running tractors I have. I think they are great motors, but they are pricey if something ever goes wrong with them.

boovuc

I'll agree with Tyson on his follow up to you.

The Onan's are really powerful. Really smooth and really quiet. (With a good muffler). They have a very distinct sound

If scheduled maintanance wasn't performed, some have had issues. Onan parts are more expensive than Kohler. I can also attest that if these tractors were left outside or open to the elements, they can develop some funky electrical problems.

I have a 416-8 speed and a 520-H. I haven't had the 520 long but have mowed and plowed with the 416 quite a bit.

I love them but you have to make sure they wern't abused. If this tractor looks like it sat outside for ions and your gut is telling you it hasn't been cared for, you may want to keep on searching.

Good Luck to you!

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

papaglide

Thanks for the replies...I feel that this tractor was very well cared for. There isn't ONE spot of rust on it. It must have been kept inside.

On Friday I will take it for a spin and see how it runs. The only visual faults with it are some cracks on the seat corners..a seat that has a Toro logo in the middle of it. The price is a little steep but within range if she runs as good as she looks. I will keep you guys informed for sure.

corn53

Please do!! I`ve been dying to get my hands on an onan powered wheel horse!!!! :hide: