Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

Whats This One Worth

HorseFixer

A few months back I caught a glimpse of this 520H Over In South Bend. I stopped and talked to the guy and he finally called me today. I went and looked at it and this is the story it is a 1988 and has 1920 hrs on it. It runs good decks in great shape but from idle to full throttle she gives a small puff of smoke so no doubt the Ole Girl is getting tired at minimum will need the engine freshened up if not rebuilt. Im sure one of the safetys are bucked up as he has to jump the solenoid in order to start it he think somethings wrong with IGN SWITCH :WRS: The deck is a recycler. This is about in the same condition as the 417A I got prolly better cause it runs and the Deck is in great shape. So what ya think its worth. :disgust:

And Whats this ole 1977 C-120 worth :hide: turns over but no run.

:) Cheers ~Duke

:hide:

P3240390.jpg

P3240389.jpg

P3240388.jpg

P3240395.jpg

P3240393.jpg

rmaynard
And Whats this ole 1977 C-120 worth

Kelly

The 520 $500-600 or so, if the deck has the insert in it a bit more, remember rebuilding a Onan is FAR from cheap, the 120 $50 maybe $75

HorseFixer

The 520 $500-600 or so, if the deck has the insert in it a bit more,

Was hoping to get some more opinions on this tractor. :) and Kelly what do you mean by insert in the deck? :hide:

Thanks To all :WRS:

Cheers ~Duke

:disgust:

smoreau

The 520 $500-600 or so, if the deck has the insert in it a bit more,

Was hoping to get some more opinions on this tractor. :) and Kelly what do you mean by insert in the deck? :hide:

Thanks To all :WRS:

Cheers ~Duke

:disgust:

The insert is the part that makes it a recycle deck. it has 3 heavy gauge rings that go around the blades that keep the grass in tell it's chopped into small pieces. makes the deck very heavy compared to other decks.

truckin88

88 = no swept axle, no gear reduction steering. Also Onan 20's are known to have seat issues at around 1200-1500 hours. I don't think I would give more than $650 for it, knowing I'd have to drop $500-1000 for the motor rebuild and odds and ends. I'd rather find a newer one w/ a swept and a 60" deck.In the end it is the same cost.

---

The C-120 I would not pay more than 75

stevebo

I agree with Kelly on the 520. The only early 520's with the swept forward front end was the 520-HC like mine :hide: I would have to say that makes a difference to me when it comes to the value. This 520 is really no different than the other 3,4 or 5 series except the motor. What attracts me to the 520 is the swept forward front end. I would say if you have a spare Onan sitting around to put in it then go for it but to try and rebuild it or buy a new one will cost much more than you could buy the tractor for. Not sure on the other one.

buckrancher

Duke

that year 520 is really no differant then your 417 only 3 more horse

I would look for a 1991 and newer at least then you get all the goody's

heavy front end, reduction steering, forward swept axle

$500 to $600 for the 520 your looking at

$50 to $100 for the 120

Brian

HorseFixer

:) for the Replies had forgotten about the difference in front ends on these and the gear reduction steering even tho I have heard different guys talk about it. :hide: Okay heres what Im gonna do. The guy wanted $1100.00 and then droped down to $ 800.00 right away so Im gonna read him parts of what you have said about the Downside to the tractor, I will then low ball the guy and offer him $400.00 for it if he takes it okay if he dont okay I can easily get $500.00 for the deck. I will then offer him $50.00 bucks for the C-120 cause I could use the 12hp for a project tractor. I appreciate all the guidence on this one I learned a lil more about these by your comments and looking in the Photo section to compare the differences. And after all that I would prefer the 1991 or newer model for the extra features. :WRS:

Thanks for the :disgust:

Cheers ~Duke

:hide: