Sign in to follow this  
truckin88

Thank you RS you saved me some $$ (clutch spring)

truckin88

So on my 314 and my dad's 312 the gas springs for the clutch are shot, I was dreading spending close to $80 on a new one. Well I figured someone on here has to have come up with a work around, so I searched redsquare. Low and behold, I discover that the holes for the standard old spring are still there. I don't even need to remove the gas spring, I go look at my C-120, look at the 314, run to majestic hardware (they are 10 min away), they had 2 fresh from toro, 4.99 each. I figured while I was there I'd get the old man one, since he was complaining about it. Put them in, works great. The big issue with those gas springs, is the pedal will stick down, and on a hill you will roll back with the pedal down, it got scarey at times (I was going to sell my 314, since I was POed after almost rolling into a tree).

Anyways thank you for the tech tips!!! And the money savers!!!!!

Sparky

Glad you got both tractors back up to par, but I thought they all had the clutch return springs and that the gas thingy was to prevent the operator from being able to "dump ther clutch" which prevented wheelies. I wonder why you didnt find clutch springs on both your tractors :hide: ?

Mike..........

truckin88

It is my understanding the newer ones have no mechanical spring only a gas charged one

Cody

run to majestic hardware (they are 10 min away)

I was just up to majestic hardware on Thursday, It was a 2 1/2 hour drive but well worth it, a good friend went with me and came home with a 520 w/ 60" deck and i came home with a very nice original sickle bar. Nice people

truckin88

Majestic are very very nice guys, they will even give you tech tips. To bad you did not say something earlier, Newburgh Power is 10 minutes away, they were a dealer for 40 years, tons of NOS parts, steering, they have 2 new NOS WH generators for the GTs, and a whole graveyard in the back, really cool place, with every part you could imagine instock.

bigd

can somebody post a phone number for those two places?