Sign in to follow this  
ricksrj58

656 belt cover

ricksrj58

picked up a 604 belt cover at penns cave,but it fits too tightly over the tranny pully.does this look like the correct pully?what size should it have?

SAM_0178.jpg

Gene_S

Rick that is the wrong pulley for your tractor. As for the size It looks like the right diameter but the original pulley hugs the transmission and doesn't stick out that much. I'm sure more people will give you better information and I'm sure someone has an extra one they'd sell you. Good luck... :hide:

puddlejumper

I am pretty sure I have one in a drawer around here. If you want me to round it up I will look for it.

ricksrj58

I am pretty sure I have one in a drawer around here. If you want me to round it up I will look for it.

puddlejumper are you coming to the pa wheelhorse show by chance?

puddlejumper

No, I would have to ship it.

puddlejumper

Rick, Sometime last night in my nightmares I realized that I think you have more than a pulley problem. that pulley should be held in place with a woodruff key and a set screw I believe, maybe a c-clip. Either way yours has a pin through it suggesting that your keyway is possibly bad. You may want to look closer and determine if you need a new input shaft for your transmission.

ricksrj58

hmmmm.. i better take a closer look at that pully :hide: