Sign in to follow this  
stevec

mountable pressure washer for tacha matic

stevec

hey guys, been a while :WRS:

been thinking of building a front mountable pressure washer for my wheelhorse.

why bother taking care of an extra engine when i can just mount one up to the front of the yellerhorse? :)

has anybody done this? i would figure the 12hp would be just fine for a good 2000psi or so pump.

the fabrication would be no problem however i would figure the pump would need to be from a gas powered unit maybe with a blown engine, then i would just need a water tank on a trailer to tow to the area it would be used (or hook up the garden hose).

whats yer tawts? :hide:

can whlvr

it will work,12 horse will be more than enough,ive used industrial units that used 13 hp hondas that were 4000 psi,usually u need to feed a power washer pump with pressureized water like from the tap,it wont draw water on ikts own,it needs PRESSURIZED water supply

Kelly

A guy here in MI. built one it is nice, I'll see if I can find the post it was a few years ago.

stevec

it will work,12 horse will be more than enough,ive used industrial units that used 13 hp hondas that were 4000 psi,usually u need to feed a power washer pump with pressureized water like from the tap,it wont draw water on ikts own,it needs PRESSURIZED water supply

they will pull enough water to keep them cool and happy if you have enough height for gravity feed. considiring the pump will be almost a foot below the tank i wouldn't be worried about cavitation or over heating. :WRS: but it is something to be aware of. i would be using a garden hose for most of the work anyway. now i just need to go down to the local princess auto to find a good horizontal pump and pop off. right after i get the box blade done :hide:

dobeleo

I worked for General Pump for years supplying plunger pumps and accessories to there pressurewasher manufacturers.

Let me know if your series and il put together a list of components that you will need

Dan

Shorewood, IL

stevec

thanks dobeleo! :hide: but i just may have stumbled upon everything i need :)

we have a 2 or 3 year old honda powered 2000psi horizontal press. sprayer here at work and it doesn't get used (hasen't been used more than a couple of times)

that they are willing to give me a good deal on (130 bucks) :hide: plus i get a good 6.5hp honda horizontal shaft out of the deal :WRS:

i'll be getting at this the naxt weekend i'm off, right after that box blade gets done :disgust:

dobeleo

The perfect pump to find would be an older belt driven pump. It has foot mounted brackts for mounting the pump on a plate. I am not sure if the direct drive pump / pressure washer you are looking at will have it. The belt driven pumps are much larger (and foot mounted) and run at 1450 rpms so you would have to get the appropriate pulley. Plus they have higher flows.

Now the pump creates the flow, the nozzle creates the pressure. I can size the correct nozzle for what ever pump you use.

Dan

Shorewood, Illinois

stevec

:) i ended up trading the washer off to a good friend that needed it more than i did and i;m going out today to grab a 2500 psi pump, pop off, wand and other parts from princess auto. couldn't wait till next weekend :disgust:

the pump will be belt driven off a jack shaft to get the rotation going in the right direction. i have most of the other parts i need other than the 3/4'' keyed shaft stock, which p.a. is out of until wednesday or thursday. i'll pick up some bearing mounts and a couple of 3" pullies and one 5" to get the rpm's in check.

i really need to get that boxblade done first before i start on this :hide: driveway is getting a little wonky... :WRS:

can whlvr

not to be nosy,are you from the us or canada,we have princess auto up here in canada,im asking because i never saw a princess auto in my travels to the us

stevec

not to be nosy,are you from the us or canada,we have princess auto up here in canada,im asking because i never saw a princess auto in my travels to the us

i'm not going to awnser you!!! :hide: you being to nosey :disgust:

yeah i'm from canada. right near brockville ontario. :)

i have many a princess autos to choose from :WRS:

they have harbour freights down there. same type of store.

dobeleo

by the way, since im talking to some Canadians, I am flying to Toronto this week, going to Ajax!

can whlvr

i must say hello to a fellow ontarion,im near orangeville,theres quite a few of us in ontario on the square,ive noticed alot of horses for sale lately,lots out your way

bitten

I just want to know if the box blade is done yet? :hide:

stevec

I just want to know if the box blade is done yet? :)

:hide::disgust: it's getting there. i should have most of it done this weekend. if friends would stop dropping of their lawn equipment to get fixed :WRS: