Sign in to follow this  
multihobbyguy

704 Kill switch

multihobbyguy

I am looking for Toro part #3279 or a very similar replacement. Has anyone found a source for a similar switch? The ones I see in the pictures of other peoples tractors have a smaller toggle than the ones in the auto parts store. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Chris.

squonk

I know this isn't the greatest pic but, this shows the switch on my 704. I believe it's original. It looks just like the one that was on my 604 The switch is a standard on /off toggle switch. If there is a Napa near you ask for a TG6139. If they don't have it see if they can show you a pic of it. They might still have the Echlin illustrated parts guide book like I have and can show you many different switches. Most Auto stores have only the big toggle switches in stock the kiddies want for their boom box mobiles.

DSCF0710.jpg

TT

Google "cole hersee 55089"

It's not exact, but it'll do the job. :hide:

Here's the original:

roundhoodstuff72509001.jpg

roundhoodstuff72509003.jpg

squonk

You can use a 2 wire toggle. But you will have to turn the little on/off name plate around. The "on" position of the switch will have the contacts closed and ground the mag which will turn the motor off. Run the 1 wire from the mag to the switch and ground the other terminal on the switch.

multihobbyguy

Thank you everyone! :hide: This is just the info I need. Again, Thank You, Chris.

Monkalunka

hey guys need a little help...going to find a toggle switch but in the pic's that TT has up above it shows that it is a single wire system but where does the other end of the wire connect to become a kill switch. Thanks for any advise or pics (Im more of a visual person than explination)

TT

Splice it into the wire connecting the magneto and the points.

buckrancher

I think Mike McGuire(Mikes RJ) still was some original single wire toggle switchs

Brian

Monkalunka

Splice it into the wire connecting the magneto and the points.

Thanks for the info gentlement but what is the wire connecting the magneto and the points and where do I find it. I have no idea and I have yet to see any type of diagram to be helpful. If there is one please point me in the correct direction. I do have the kill button on the front of the motor but not sure if that is what you are talking about. Sorry I'm an idiot...LOL

TT

There should be a wire at the bottom of the points cover, just below the kill button.

Monkalunka

Thanks Terry!!

MikesRJ

I have several remaining. Just need to locate them. PM me if interested.