Sign in to follow this  
JUSS10

picked up a back blade

JUSS10

lot of good deals on CL this weekend, missed a sickle bar for $125, a 953 for $200, i was getting very depressed. saw this little guy pop up for $20, well finally i was first in line. ran out and got it as soon as i could. didn't have the right hitch so i made one that fits into the stock slot hitch on my round hoods. should allow me to use other brinley attachments in the future. works pretty well when hooked up to level out the driveway using the depth control on the tractor. should work well for snow in the winter too

IMAG0053-1.jpg

IMAG0054-1.jpg

IMAG0051-1.jpg

IMAG0055-1.jpg

fourwheels0

that's a great idea.

if you don't mind could you give me the dimensions on that.

i need to make one for my box scraper.

squonk

Looks good and matches the deck! :WRS: :hide:

JUSS10

fourwheels i will get measurements for you this afternoon sometime. its a really slick setup without having to change the hitch out.

Justin

JUSS10

alright, here are some detailed pictures of brinley hitch adapter i made. pretty simple but works great. it starts with a bar of steel thats 3/4" tall, 2" wide, and 6" long (i used three pieces of 1/4" flat stock, this works in a pinch but requires a far bit of grinding to fit in the hitch). at one i drilled a 3/8" hole for the hitch pin. this is 1" in from the end and centered. on the other end i cut a "V" notch (if you are a machinist, i would mill a half moon slot the same diameter of the tubing that is welded in place) The tubing is 7/8" OD with a 5/8" ID (the ID is the important part, since there are tensioner bolts, you could probably get away with black pipe from the hardware store) that is cut to approx 3.5" long and welded in the notch on the block of steel. I then took a piece of 1/4" flat stock 1" wide cut to 4". drilled a 3/8" hole about 3/4" in on each side and welded a nut in place, these are for the tensioner bolts. that piece of flat stock is then welded to the other end of the tubing and you are done! (lots of words, but its really quite simple)

here are some more pictures

DSC_0404-1.jpg

DSC_0403-1.jpg

If anyone is interested I could price out materials and knock one out for sale if there is any interest

thanks,

Justin