Sign in to follow this  
dmoore

42" side discharge rear wheels

dmoore

I ordered two new wheels for the rear of my 1979 42" side discharge deck from Mowparts.com...the original part #106588 had changed to #106557....upon receipt of the wheels I noticed they did not have the built in simple bearing on each side of the wheel...the original special shouldered bolt will not work with these wheels since the replacement wheel spins on a bolt not a bearing....Are there mounting bolts that go with these newer wheels? Thanks! D

TT

:hide: #106557 is a reflector for the rear fender.

Anyhow.......

#110506 looks like the newest number for the correct gauge wheels for your particular mower deck. (and a bunch of other applications as well)

That number replaces the following:

106588** (original on your 1979 deck)

Check that number again & I'll see what I can dig up. :WRS:

dmoore

Doooooh! I looked at my order sheet wrong, you are right,it is 110506......D

dmoore

Looks like someone is selling the bolt on Ebay, item #380321455469....maybe these are what I need to go with my "newer" wheels? D

TT

I actually have a few "in stock" if you'd like measurements.

5188wheelbolt002.jpg

I'm pretty sure you can also find them at Lowe's, Tractor Supply, ACE Hardware, small engine / L&G equipment repair shops, etc. They're basically just a push mower wheel bolt. :hide:

dmoore

My gage wheel bracket is not threaded...are nuts & spacers used with those bolts? Measurements would be much appreciated! D

TT

The shouldered section is .500" diameter X approximately 1.710" long.

Threads are 3/8"-16 X roughly 13/16" long.

The hex head is 3/4" and approximately .1875" thick.

No spacers or washers are used - just a nylock (or equivalent) lock nut.

dmoore

I'll check your measurements against mine today....when I tightened up the 3/8" nylock nut the wheel will not move.....I would think the bolt would be stationary allowing the wheel to rotate on it? There are grease fittings on the wheels. D

dmoore

Ok, I never knew a guage wheel bolt could be so damn complicated! Here is my original...shoulder is 1/2" dia,length 1 5/8"...overall length is 2 5/8"...threaded length 3/4"...hex head 3/4"...1/4" thick.....its obvious this bolt WILL not work with the newer deck wheels.......Does ANYONE know the part number for the CORRECT bolt????

DSCN0064.jpg :hide:

oldredrider

Go to Lowes: 2 pack of adjustable bolts (in lawn mower section) for $2.99. Can't beat it and they work great. :hide:

dmoore

Found the right bolts Friday...the shoulder needed to be just 1/8" longer so when it was tightened up the wheel would actually spin....thanks for the suggestions & replies...D