Sign in to follow this  
stoneman

Latest Aquisition

stoneman

I don't mind revealing that I got all this yesterday for 200.00. I don't intend to ever sell any of it.

WHAquisition5-28-11001.jpg

I went to buy this, and the rest was thrown in, including all the original manuals.

WHAquisition5-28-11002.jpg

WHAquisition5-28-11003.jpg

I still have to go pick up a few miscellaneous parts still buried in the shed, including a Brinly 3 point A frame adapter with sleeve hitch, and the draw bar for the 3 point. It all belonged to the fella's Grandpa, who passed away. Not sure if the wheels and the plug cutter bar is there for the aerator or not, and I'm not sure what the mid mount lift bar next to the 3 point is for.

The tiller is in near perfect condition even though it was used year after year. Grandpa tilled all the gardens in the neighborhood with it, and being that they were all established, it never took much of a beating. I mounted it to my GT-14 as soon as I got it home, and headed next door to do my neighbors garden. It performed flawlessly.

I know that I have been blessed with this find, and I'm making a stone for him and his family a gesture of my appreciation.

In my opinion, this could be one of the most unbelievable WH aquisitions in WH aquisition HISTORY! :hide:

Especially if you have a 953, a 1054 or a GT-14 . . . I think :WRS:

AMC RULES

Looks like a great haul for the money, I really like the red :WRS: drain cover too. :hide:

Electro12WH

Wonderful! And it has a history, that's a plus.

I like to see the stone, too.

stoneman

Here's what's going on the stone. I'll post a completed photo when it's done.

RS1.jpg

TT

I'm not sure what the mid mount lift bar next to the 3 point is for.

That's the other half of the cultivator set:

cults002.jpg

Definitely a good price for what you got. That's the way it used to be before everyone jumped on the garden tractor collector bandwagon and drove the prices through the roof. :hide:

refracman

Nice haul!

If you dont have the double pulley to drive the tiller already make sure you snag it, and hopefully its the right one for your tractor.

stoneman

Okay T.T. . . . I see . . . thanks. Maybe the teeth are laying in the shed. In fact I'll just bet they are. I do feel fortunate, that's for sure. My stuff's no where near done yet, but I intend on each tractor having his or her specific job description, and moreover . . . I intend on workin' 'em! :hide: I guess you could say I like collecting them, but I most like working them.

I also see that the teeth on yours are different, but yours is a wheel horse and this stuff (asider from the tiller) is all brinly. If I can ever replace this stuff with WH brands, I'd think about parting with some of it . . . maybe.

stoneman

Nice haul!

If you dont have the double pulley to drive the tiller already make sure you snag it, and hopefully its the right one for your tractor.

Yeah, i was fortunate in that respect as well. My GT-14 apparently was once used with a tiller, and the pully set up was in tact. As I said I used it yesterday and it performed flawlessly. :hide:

TT

The front cultivator section you have pictured is OEM :hide: , just an earlier version than mine.

stoneman

The front cultivator section you have pictured is OEM :hide: , just an earlier version than mine.

Now that you mentioned it, I guess I should have realized it was WH. Wouldn't have know it was an earlier version though. Thanks again. I wonder if that plug aerator and the disc set might be david bradley or simplicity. It's orange,llike the single bottom david bradley plow I have.

312Hydro

Wow! What a great find! I didn't think deals like that were still out there.

stoneman

post-2767-0-52916200-1366630073.jpg

I been away for a good while, and I wondered a few times if I'd ever posted the finished stone. I was so enthused when the guy told me that I could have everything for 200.00. And I've never before found myself in a position to say . . . "That's not enough for all this." So I gave him the money, and made this stone for him. My good luck has continued, so maybe ol' Grandpa is helpin' me out a little here and there. 

• Like 2

Trouty56

Great job Stoneman....