Sign in to follow this  
Duff

The herd out for some fresh air, and

truckin88

Steve, I put the tires and weights on, but I think Duff took the rest down and rebuilt it again....thats a WH nut....awesome...man after my own heart...everything looks great

Duff

Thanks, guys! :banghead:

Although it came to me in pretty nice shape, being the nut that I am I went through it again, repainted and rewired a few things and switched to all stainless hardware. :thumbs:

Now get this......my WIFE has "adopted" the tractor. Before this one came into the family she pretty much just tolerated my time in the workshop working on the horses. About three weeks ago she came out while I was washing the herd and commented that she wanted to learn to drive one, then pointed to the 310-8. So I taught her....and created another WH nut! Now about every other night she asks if we can go on a trail ride (there's a 39 acre undeveloped piece of property behind ours owned by a friend). She's even intentionally popped a few wheelies on "her tractor" just to show me she can do it. :banghead:

No more sneaking :D parts into the shop under the cover of darkness! :thumbs:

Duff :thumbs2:

PS - Will, the problem with the 42"RD deck wasn't a blown spindle after all. Somehow the rim of the pulley on the left-hand spindle separated from its hub - completely broke free. Tore the pulley up pretty bad but no other damage. Cheap fix! :thanks:

truckin88

PS - Will, the problem with the 42"RD deck wasn't a blown spindle after all. Somehow the rim of the pulley on the left-hand spindle separated from its hub - completely broke free. Tore the pulley up pretty bad but no other damage. Cheap fix! :thumbs2:

whoops guess I should have removed the belt cover.....glad it worked out in your favor....that is a great 310, one I miss and am looking to replace.

tbbahner

Great looking tractors and great pics!

Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear your wife is enjoying them too!

Tom B

WH854

Hi, folks,

Just wanted to share a couple of photos of the herd as of this summer. Left to right (or far to near), 312-8 #1, my first rebuild. This is my mowing tractor, and came from an estate in Connecticut.

The middle tractor is 312-8 #2, my plowing and towing tractor, which my friend Jack (Rideawaysenior) found for me in Massachusetts sitting in a junkyard.

On the right (nearest) is a 310-8 picked up from our member truckin88, fresh out from rebuild. I'm rebuilding a 42" RD deck for this one. Can never have enough working mowing tractors this time of year, right?

Threetractors017.jpg

Threetractors016.jpg

I just threw this in to show you how sharp the shifting knobs Glenjeri sells can make a tractor look. Really dresses up the machine!

Threetractors020.jpg

Duff :thumbs2::banghead:

AT EASE AT EASE Smile Pretty Girls :D

Nice Herd Duff :banghead:

Chas