Sign in to follow this  
The Toolman

Don't know where this would go?

The Toolman

No linking to Craig's List or ebay ads - no exceptions.

sscotsman

Nothing at all to do with the Wheel Horse company..

I run into these kinds of things when searching for Wheel Horse stuff on ebay..

the Craigslist seller simply chose "key words"

Wheel Horse Plow

It has a wheel..it was maybe pulled by a horse..and its a plow.

(although it probably wasnt pulled by a horse, and its not really a plow..but still..)

those are just key words that describe the item, and are included to help people searching for various things find the ad..

its just a coincidence that it spells out "Wheel Horse" and makes us think of Wheel Horse tractors..

Scot

W9JAB

:hide: :WRS: :)

The Toolman

Okey Dokey, thank ya

I guess the mod here can delete the whole thread then

sscotsman

Its a legit question! :WRS:

no need to delete the thread IMO..

No one is born knowing this stuff..a year ago I knew nothing about Wheel horse tractors, and I would have had no idea how long the Wheel Horse company had existed, and I would have thought "maybe they did actually make this antique plow"?? how would I know unless I learn? :hide:

(for the record, the Wheel Horse name, in relation to our tractors, was first used in the 1950's..probably way after this little plow was made..)

Scot

dcrage

Ronnie

There is one of those sitting in an out building at my Dad's place in Sedalia this very day -- And I used to use the thing for cultivating between the rows in the garden -- It "saved" on the amount of hoeing that had to be done -- You could put a single "shoe" on inplace of the cultivator to plow open furrows when planting

The Toolman

Ronnie

There is one of those sitting in an out building at my Dad's place in Sedalia this very day -- And I used to use the thing for cultivating between the rows in the garden -- It "saved" on the amount of hoeing that had to be done -- You could put a single "shoe" on inplace of the cultivator to plow open furrows when planting

I remember that my dad had one that he used between the rows of the garden when I was a little kid back in the 50's.

I suppose his place made it thru the big tornado alright I hope. Sedalia must be a tornado magnet. I know its took more than its fair share of major hits since I was born in 1950.

I'm down here at Warsaw at 65 hwy an the osage river.

The Toolman

Thanx Scot, I wrote the guy an told him I wanted to see a picture up close of where it says wheel horse cast or stamped in the metal part of it

dcrage

Ronnie

I suppose his place made it thru the big tornado alright I hope. Sedalia must be a tornado magnet. I know its took more than its fair share of major hits since I was born in 1950.

I haven't been back since the one went thru earlier this week -- It should have missed his place by a mile or so -- No body lives there now -- Dad passed late last fall and I am in the process of getting it ready to be sold

The Toolman

Ronnie

I haven't been back since the one went thru earlier this week -- It should have missed his place by a mile or so -- No body lives there now -- Dad passed late last fall and I am in the process of getting it ready to be sold

I'm sorry about that Dave, keep everything of his you can, because everything he had meant something or was important to him, or about someone he cared about.

Ronnie

Kelly

That cultivator looks like one I have here, that was my Grandfather's, I think the one I have is a planet JR.

The Toolman

I see they have took the wheel horse name off of the ad now. I think they was using it on purpose to get lookers

stoneman

Just saw a couple on youngstown cl. one of them was 45.00 and the other 60.00 i think.