Sign in to follow this  
METSMAN78

Hydraulic filter

METSMAN78

:hide: Can some one tell me what fram or any beside the OEM hydraulic filter will fit my 416H please

smoreau

Go oem!! most aftermarket filters have a bypass valve and will not filter the oil like it should, oem is under $10 and is worth it for peice of mind knowing you have the right filter. hydro filters do not have a bypass valve, Check the transmission arcives and you will see many posts on this topic.

shorts

I agree with smoreau, the trans filters are not the same as a regular oil filter and an aftermarket trans or hydraulic filter is not going to save any money, like the man said ''you can pay me now or pay me later''

Wix makes a range of hydraulic filters that don't have the characteristic bypass people are scared of. They are dedicated hydro filters not engine oil filters. These are also the same as the NAPA gold hydro filters - I believe are made by Wix. It may be the NAPA Gold 1410 that you need, you'll have to go to the Wix site first and see what the appropriate Wix p/n is first and then check with NAPA if you want to just pick one up there. Don't confuse these with the regular motor oil filters which you probably shouldn't use. Also, Wix is a quality product. They're not made of toilet paper. If it says its for hydraulics, I think they are telling the truth. Check out JD, Cub and other forums. This comparison has been beat to death so there's a wealth of opinions on both sides of the fence. Do the math and do the research, then do what feels right - it's your tractor. If I remember correctly mine was around $10 or $12 at the NAPA behind my house. Took me all of 5 minutes to go get it. It's worked fine for a year now on my 16-Automatic. Performance wise I can't tell the difference between the WH filter.

smoreau

I have used the wix filter on some of my tractors with out a problem and like there product for years. It is top quality filters that are made better then oem. just make sure it is a hydraulic filter. that is key for these tractors.