Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

There be SNOW in the forcast....

nylyon

Well, I just went and checked the 5 day forcast on NOAA, and they got us listed for a 30% chance of SNOW or rain showers for Friday and Friday night. Now I know its nothing to do anything with, but it will server for me to complete the transition from mowing to plowing this weekend!

Get them snow tractors ready folks!!!!

Oh, Eldon, since you don't have a plow I'm willing to trade my plowing 414-8 for your FEL :D I'll even deliver for free :P

T-Mo

Our forecast is pretty dry. We hadn't seen moisture for a while and we're under a pretty long drought. Even if we had precip in the forecast, it's still too warm currently here for snow. I've seen it snow here on Halloween before and I also seen it be in the '70's on Thanksgiving before. Right now, too warm for snow, though that could change.

I'm not sure if I would consider you guys up to my north lucky to get as much snow as you do or not. Maybe for some seat time and a chance to use a plow or blower.

Curmudgeon

I'm not sure if I would consider you guys up to my north lucky to get as much snow as you do or not. Maybe for some seat time and a chance to use a plow or blower.

I know I don't consider myself lucky to have to deal with needing to buy and maintain a 4-wheel drive just to get to work, or spend a fortune keeping myself warm, sliding in the ditch on ice, nor does seat time just to freeze my nortons off sound like fun.

Been thinking about a nice tropical island somewhere, but finding one with a Wheel Horse dealer might be tricky....

Dale, NOT looking forward to winter.

T-Mo

I know I don't consider myself lucky to have to deal with needing to buy and maintain a 4-wheel drive just to get to work, or spend a fortune keeping myself warm, sliding in the ditch on ice, nor does seat time just to freeze my nortons off sound like fun.

Been thinking about a nice tropical island somewhere, but finding one with a Wheel Horse dealer might be tricky....

Dale, NOT looking forward to winter.

LOL, I got to agree. I hear all the time on various tractor sites about members begging for snow. I just don't get it, unless it's that much fun to plow or blow snow. I live in an area where it can snow, but we don't have a lot of it. I have been caught out a few times wishing for 4WD, but in my thinking, if I need 4WD to get to work, I'll just stay home. But, there is always a time or two when I was at work and it started to snow pretty good and then 4WD would be nice. I just can't justify the extra gas mileage, the more money a 4WD costs over 2WD and then the extra parts and potential parts break down, just so I can have it 2 or 3 times a year.

Curmudgeon

For a long time I said I only had four wheel drive on the way home.....

But in this day, employers seem to think weather doesn't play a role in how negotiable, or even safe it is to try to navigate bad roads. It's show up every day, or I'll hire someone else. Employees are just a number in this country to many, many employers.

So, my 4 wheel drive works both ways. I have to pay the expense of buying, and operating it year round, or move. I'm not about to move.

I find while some people do like winter, most people who want snow are the ones who seldom get much, and when they do, the whole region shuts down. Not here!!!!

Dale

Buzz

I just did a quick search, but it seems there are a lot of Wheel Horse dealers in Hawaii..........Aloha

Curmudgeon

Man, and I thought I had a long drive to the Pennsylvania show now!!!!!

Might worth it though, and just think, year round bikinis!!!!!!!!

Dale, really thinking now........

T-Mo

Luckily for me I can take vacation days when it's snow on the ground when I walk out my front door. I have about 27 days saved up and I like to keep a few days in the bank just for snow.

Sparky

Dale...its time you started thinkin outside the box. Instead of finding an island with a Toro/Wheel Horse dealer why dont'cha buy yer own island and start up yer own Toro/Wheel Horse dealer.

If ya do send me a job application.......I'll work the counter weekdays and drag the beach with my horse to clear away that pesky seaweed on weekends :D !

Mike.....shoppin fer sunscreen :P

nylyon

I'd like to work there too, but I don't have a boat to get there.....

Karl missing the boat in NY

Curmudgeon

Holy crappola boys!! You must think I'm made of money, when in fact I'm just full of s***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dale, likes the idea though as he sits here listening to the wind howl as time approaches to head out into it...........

CasualObserver

so Dale, did you wake up and say "Ah, crap!" ?? I saw on our news (because our weatherman likes to tell us the weather everywhere but HERE...) that the finger section of the mitten got 6-10 inches with more expected today. Made me laugh and wonder how you fared there in the middle?

jason (glad it was just windy over here in MN)

Curmudgeon

Nope, I didn't quite get any of the white stuff, at least none collected. However, I couldn't help but notice the southbound cars were covered, so it didn't miss by much.

2AM tomorrow, I'm headed to Mancelona and Gaylord, the heart of Michigan's snow belt.

Oh goodie goodie!!!

Dale