Sign in to follow this  
wildcruiser

Hotels close to the show

wildcruiser

I'm planing on going to the show this year but not taking the motorhome this time. Has anyone stayed at one of the local hotels in the area and which ones are the closest and the cheapest? I hope the high cost of gas doesn't keep people away. Wildcruiser :hide:

stevasaurus

We stayed just north of Cambersburg last year...best western I think. Google motels in chambersburg...they are the most reasonable, but are about 20 miles from the show...not too much closer. :hide:

rmaynard

Plucked from the latest WHCC newsletter:

6a80b4b2.jpg

There are some other "local" places, but you can ask Duke (HorseFixer) how a stay in one of them led to the purchase of his latest motor-home.

:hide: Yea, he's scratching, but it's not because he's thinking. :WRS:

sgtsampay

I'm planning on staying in a cabin at one the KOA camp ground.

rmaynard

I'm taking my little two-man tent, a sleeping bag, and a cooler full of Bratwurst and setting up camp right on the premises. I'll save my money for Wheel Horse parts and gas.

Trouty56

I could give you a few names of the local growers in the area. The migrant camps are not full yet...hehe... :hide:

Trouty56

Conewago Campground is only 2 miles north of the show. The might have cabins or travel trailer rentals available.

bowtieguy

I stayed at Days Inn in Chambersburg...49.99...best part was a Waffle House was near by.....

Don't stay in Gettysburg unless you have lots of $$$$$$$...was 129 bucks in 06' and way out of my pocketbook! :hide: