Sign in to follow this  
littleredrider

C-141

littleredrider

Wifey went to go see her friend for the weekend, she sends me a pic of a Wheel Horse that her friend's brother has for sale. It's a C-141, with a mower deck, looks like a bigger deck, but can get it for $150. Guess it runs good, she heard it run. I know just about any WH is a good tractor, but how do these fair?? Not even sure what I'm gonna do with it.....

rydogg

I paid that for a C141 fixer upper that had a 48" deck, you can't go wrong for that price.

bigd

it'll probably become your new favorite those c series are nice

C-Series14

Buy it!!!!!

Ken B

You don't seem to really want it so here is my advice, its a terrible machine and bad on gas. Yes the mower deck is much to big to be of any practical use, no matter how big or small the yard is. With that said, can you tell me where its at so I can go snag it? :hide:

jpmcleod

If your wife called you and told you about a tractor, over half the battle is already won. Most wifes would not do that. I say GO GET IT.

In have a friend that loves the C141's.

If you don't want it, please tell someone on Red Square where it is and let them explain it to their wife.

Good luck with whatever you do.

can whlvr

id allready have it torn apart :hide: go for it and the 78-79 c series are great tractors and for that price a decent deck is worth more than that

littleredrider

Picked it up tonite, just got home actually. PO started it, didn't seem to make any noises other than the blower housing missing a bolt, so that would hit the flywheel, and the muffler has a loose piece inside. Small puff of smoke on first start, but went away just as quick.

Mower deck looks to be OK as well, dark so couldn't see too much. But it's quieter than the lawn ranger is, both the motor and the mower deck.

Needs some work, but found out more tomorrow, along with some pics. We all love pics!!!!

But I don't think I could have gone wrong getting it, shoot, any running/working tractor is worth $150.

Retired Wrencher

These are a beast . AHH with snow like we had this past winter do I need to say more.Gary B.. Roxi1-11025.jpg

tbbahner

I've had one since 2000 and have had zero problems with it other than maintenance. Also have one with a tiller on it. Buy it before he changes him mind.

Tom B

littleredrider

I picked it up last nite, so too late for him to change his mind. Wife said after wards when he said $150 that he hesitated, as if he should have said more. But, I guess he is a good guy and doesn't go back on what he said. At least when he started it, and was in FULL in the bag not half, he let it idle for a minute before revving it and starting the deck.

I'm already looking at decals and what it would need. I need to download the pics to my webshots, then I can post them here. Back in five!!!! :hide:

tbbahner

Yep, that looks like my tiller tractor when I got it. You'll love it.

Here it is after a little sweat equity. Its a little dustier in person after the spring tilling.

4C141TILLERDONSIDE.jpg

Tom B

dobeleo

My concern if my wife were to tell me she found a deal on a Wheelhorse is what does she want to buy!

Dan

Shorewood, Illinois

can whlvr

what a great deal,that is a nice score for 150

littleredrider

Sorta. Now she thinks I owe her everything for telling me bout the tractor. Yah know how women can be....

I need to get new engine tin for this, will stuff off a 10-16 horse work?? There are a couple sets on evil bay but are 10 and 12 horse. Never had a Kohler this size, used to the k181......