Sign in to follow this  
Retired Wrencher

H10c

Retired Wrencher

I have had some trouble with champion plugs lately I changed everything and it turned out to be the plug I usually run H10c in the old K`s I herd a bout Autolites or NGK`s what would be the cross reference from champions to other brands like above.?????

squonk

Autolite 261 replaces h-10. It's all I use in my Kohlers

TT

Autolite 261 replaces h-10.

I'm pretty sure it's just an oops when you typed the number, but it's 216 - not 261

I believe the NGK B4L is also a good substitute.

does anyone know if there is a difference between Champion H-10 and H-10C ? i have bunch of new H-10 and nothing to use them on

Pollack Pete

does anyone know if there is a difference between Champion H-10 and H-10C ? i have bunch of new H-10 and nothing to use them on

I think the C stands for copper core?? Your H10's must be O-L-D plugs.But I'm sure they're the same.

squonk
Autolite 261

JoeMonag

I had tried the H-10 in my tractors a 310-8 and a 416-8, and went back to usuing the Autolite 216, they seem to run better. BTW my dealer recommends the Autolite 216.

Joe in Norton

tbbahner

As soon as I see a Champion plug, it goes in the trash. Too often they "almost fire some of the time" that they make you chase everything other than the obvious, a bad champion plug.

Not fond of them at all.

Just my 2 cents.

Tom B

JoeMonag

I do use champion spark plugs on mine, and my neighbors Sears - Briggs engine riding mowers, and my bro.-in-law's Cub Cadet Kohler command engine. Of course thes are much newer over head valve engines. But as I said in a previous post, the Autolite 216 seems to run better in the flat head series such as the K341 on my 416, and the M-10 on my 310. Joe in Norton

qd-16

I just had to replace a bad champion H-10 in my 310....bad thing is that it took me a very long time to figure out that the plug was my problem all along.......cleaned carb., replaced all fuel line, new points, different coil, tried different muffler.

Oh well live and learn.....try the simple things first! :hide:

Retired Wrencher

:hide: :WRS::) Thank you every one for that great info. Gary B.......