Sign in to follow this  
ezeastside

New addition 419XT

ezeastside

Hello all,

Just picked up this 419XT, :WRS: Couldn't resist as the price was right.

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af96/ez...Horse/419xt.jpg

Brought it home and mowed with it last night to see how it compares to the old iron.

Well, I like the the way it handles and the Hydro with the foot pedal, :hide: But It had nowhere near as much power as my 417A. :)

I'll go through and tuner up to see if that makes a differance.

Any feed back would be helpfull

Thanks,

Ed

SNYFIX

Never one of our favorites.

truckin88

what makes these a cool mower, is they can use some of the classic attachments...good luck!!!

rexman72

Hello all,

Just picked up this 419XT, :WRS: Couldn't resist as the price was right.

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af96/ez...Horse/419xt.jpg

Brought it home and mowed with it last night to see how it compares to the old iron.

Well, I like the the way it handles and the Hydro with the foot pedal, :hide: But It had nowhere near as much power as my 417A. :)

I'll go through and tuner up to see if that makes a differance.

Any feed back would be helpfull

Thanks,

Ed

good luck with your 419xt.I have had mine for 8 years and have plowed snow on a200 ft driveway and cut almost an acre of grass and have never had an issue with it.It also has the electric lift.

mavfreak

:hide:

refracman

I have its little brother a 417XT. The only issues with mine were the roll pins they used, I've had to replace them them all. Some sheared and others just fell out. Other than that its a great machine.

rexman72

I have its little brother a 417XT. The only issues with mine were the roll pins they used, I've had to replace them them all. Some sheared and others just fell out. Other than that its a great machine.

i was reading where the xt series was a step about the 270 series as it has a thickier frame and a hydrogear 330 tranny which the 270 series has the k61.

refracman

Mine has a hydro-gear 310-3000. It has worked well with no issues as of yet. I use year round, cut grass, plow and pull a leaf vac.

Like I said before, the roll pins in the front spindles and foot control linkage failed. Once I replaced them it has been good to go.

I bought the unit new with a 48" deck and used the plow off my C120 with a extention kit ( same as the 520 kit). The deck also interchange with the classics.

I have a few different WHs and prefer this one over all of them for ease of use. If they would though more of the ergonomic design back in the 70s like other manufacturers its possible they would still be around today. :hide: I say this because of the WH price, with it being a premuim priced tractor the age group targeted is older and like myself, most of us dont move so well anymore. :WRS:

Just my opinion your may be different.

mavfreak

I have a few different WHs and prefer this one over all of them for ease of use. If they would though more of the ergonomic design back in the 70s like other manufacturers its possible they would still be around today. :hide: I say this because of the WH price, with it being a premuim priced tractor the age group targeted is older and like myself, most of us dont move so well anymore. :WRS:

Just my opinion your may be different.

Not so sure on that.

My theory is that all garden tractors from the past were built to good and the cost to produce now as compared to then would put them well out of reach. JMHO

JC 1965

:WRS: I agree with Heath, wheel Horse put them selves out of business cause the tractors were built so good. You never had to buy a new one, just repair the one you already had and even then repairs were few and far between. No one would buy a tractor built like that today, it would cost a mint. Just my opinion. :hide:

refracman

Point taken, true they are well built, and last. There several other brands thats took eronomics into consideration when designing their units that are also well built and last that are still going strong today.

Just for those who dont know, I have what some would call a collection of WHs and am a true fan of them.

rexman72

Point taken, true they are well built, and last. There several other brands thats took eronomics into consideration when designing their units that are also well built and last that are still going strong today.

Just for those who dont know, I have what some would call a collection of WHs and am a true fan of them.

so do you think the 48 inch dozer blade from the xt with fit onmy 417A tractor.the xt is about 5 inches longer and would the back bracket on the xt fit on the real axle on the 417 ir would i have to find a bracket for it.

refracman

The dozer should work and FYI doxer frame is bout 4"/ 5" longer for the XT, the blade angle lever could be to far forward though. You'll need the rear attachmatic for the 417A as the XT has a different style.

mavfreak

:WRS: I agree with Heath, wheel Horse put them selves out of business cause the tractors were built so good. You never had to buy a new one, just repair the one you already had and even then repairs were few and far between. No one would buy a tractor built like that today, it would cost a mint. Just my opinion. :hide:

Thats not just WH either but all garden tractors of the same era

rexman72

The dozer should work and FYI doxer frame is bout 4"/ 5" longer for the XT, the blade angle lever could be to far forward though. You'll need the rear attachmatic for the 417A as the XT has a different style.

i was looking at the dozer blade just now and theres an extra peice i can take off it to make it actually fit the 417.now i wonder if i can find a rear bracket somewheres.

ezeastside

Alot of good reading, Thanks.

I have a plow with the 520 extention only haven't looked into the rear bracket as of yet.

I could kick myself as I had a single stage blower for this machine that was in like new shape that I sold for cheap some time ago as I thought I would never need it.

I never thought I would be interested in these newer machines either untill I found this one and tried it out. As I mentioned before it seems to lack some power but until I try getting good fuel and some new plugs, maybe check the bowl in the carb, I won't know for sure how I like it.

I will say That overall it seems pretty durable in frame and mechanical componets only I never had any experiance with the 19 HP kawasaki and not sure of this hydro!!

smoreau
The dozer should work and FYI doxer frame is bout 4"/ 5" longer for the XT, the blade angle lever could be to far forward though.

rexman72

Alot of good reading, Thanks.

I have a plow with the 520 extention only haven't looked into the rear bracket as of yet.

I could kick myself as I had a single stage blower for this machine that was in like new shape that I sold for cheap some time ago as I thought I would never need it.

I never thought I would be interested in these newer machines either untill I found this one and tried it out. As I mentioned before it seems to lack some power but until I try getting good fuel and some new plugs, maybe check the bowl in the carb, I won't know for sure how I like it.

I will say That overall it seems pretty durable in frame and mechanical componets only I never had any experiance with the 19 HP kawasaki and not sure of this hydro!!

try changing the plugs,air filter change the oil and filter.this should help out alot.I like the 19 kaw engine.Let us know how it goes after you have changed these things.I like how the xt mows also.