Sign in to follow this  
fireman

Couldn't resist this after driving SteveBo's

fireman

I saw this a few weeks ago and figured by now it would be gone seeing the guy was selling it so cheap. I called him and he said somebody was supposed to come buy it but the guy never showed. He called him and he said he had a change of heart and didn't want it anymore. Lucky for me. The guy bought it from the original owner who only used it to grade his drive way and mow the lawn for the first 6 years he had it. After that he bought a bigger machine and parked this in his barn where it sat for 20+ years. The guy I got it from has had it about 6 years and only used it to move his boat around and haul a 4X8 trailer to do yard work. He also kept it garaged the whole time he had it. Supposedly the original owner has the back blade. The seller never picked it up as he had no need for it but he knows the guy still has it and is going to call him and see if we can go get it :hide:

The tractor is super clean. It is totally original and even has it's original tires. The paint is really nice and the graphics are still intact. The clutch is still tight and right at the floor. The steering has zero play or lash. The only issue is the seat that is pulling away from the edges. The engine runs great and has no smoke. Doesn't look like it leaks any oil.

For what he sold it for I just couldn't pass it up. It was cheaper than some of the :WRS: I have bought. If I decide I don't want it, I could always sell it (and make a nice profit to boot!).

I just checked and it's a 1973.

100_1633.jpg

100_1636.jpg

100_1635.jpg

100_1634.jpg

AMC RULES

Sweet looking tractor, looks like you done good. :hide:

perry

that is nicer than nice :hide: . you did good on that one. i think a set of nice new AG's would look nice on it. keep orginal tires ofcourse.

Kelly

Nice and if you got for what you said in another post you did very well, I see that one only has one trans, most I've looked at have two.

puddlejumper

Any body know how being a single trans mission would affect its gearing. I am not sure it affects road gear, But when you drop the double transmissions both in low gear you have to draw a chalk mark to see if there moving.

pharmer

I have one just like that.Powerful tractor.Pulled cars and other heavy things in first gear. Mine has the single trans too. i got it when it was being scrapped. Just needed a starter.

Coadster32

Nice p/u Jeff. :hide: The Power Kings, and Jim Dandy's are nice tractors.

stevebo

I saw this tractor on Jeff's trailer today over at Jimbo's house. It really is super clean. As I told Jeff, he needs to swap the tires sround so the stance is wider and paint the wheels satin black. These Ecomony's are great tractors with a ton of power. great pick up Jeff ! :hide:

squonk

Any body know how being a single trans mission would affect its gearing. I am not sure it affects road gear, But when you drop the double transmissions both in low gear you have to draw a chalk mark to see if there moving.

The 2nd trans is really only useful for snow blowing a tilling. I have a loader on mine and sort of wish I had the dual tranny to slow it down some. You won't believe the amount of snow you can push with one of these.

powerking

I traded a box scraper from tsc for my 77 Powerking, mine needs paint and decals but has hydraulic mid lift and three point. Great buy, I love mine, not a Wheel Horse but still fun to have. :hide: