Sign in to follow this  
jsflynn603

Is there a book on how to rebuild kohler 10 and 14

jsflynn603

I have a C-101 ('76) with a 10hp engine that needs rebuilding. I also have a Kohler 14hp engine from a (I think) 1966 1076.

I snagged the gas line on the 1076 and the tractor burned until there was nothing left to burn. (Rural, no water, no fire extinguisher, no sand, and it took over 30 minutes for the FD to respond.

I purchased the C-101 to obtain parts for rebuilding the 1076, but may later rebuilt it too.

People tell me though that I can rebuild the tractor. The engine was rebuilt by a Wheelhorse dealer probably around 1985. I'm not sure if it need a new rebuild kit and rebuild after the fire.

I've never rebuilt an engine but am willing to go for it. Is there a book that I can purchase or find that specifically is for the Kohler engines. If not is there a book on rebuilding small gas engines?

Thanks,

Steve

lobo

Hey Steve, First off, :thumbs: . Now as for your question, yes, I got one when I rebuilt my 14hp. Don't remember just where I got it, but you should try www. Kohler.com. or call 1-800-544-2444 and they should be able to help you find one.

Form # TP-2379

Single cylinder Engine

Service Manual- K-Series

Good luck,

Steve.

WH854

I have a C-101 ('76) with a 10hp engine that needs rebuilding. I also have a Kohler 14hp engine from a (I think) 1966 1076.

I snagged the gas line on the 1076 and the tractor burned until there was nothing left to burn. (Rural, no water, no fire extinguisher, no sand, and it took over 30 minutes for the FD to respond.

I purchased the C-101 to obtain parts for rebuilding the 1076, but may later rebuilt it too.

People tell me though that I can rebuild the tractor. The engine was rebuilt by a Wheelhorse dealer probably around 1985. I'm not sure if it need a new rebuild kit and rebuild after the fire.

I've never rebuilt an engine but am willing to go for it. Is there a book that I can purchase or find that specifically is for the Kohler engines. If not is there a book on rebuilding small gas engines?

Thanks,

Steve

Try this site you can get one as a pdf file you can download one enter as a guest. next page click on K-series models next page should be what you are looking for :thumbs:

http://www.kohlerplus.com/login.asp

Maybe this will help you :wh:

Chas

shorts

:thumbs:

your local toro/wh dealer should have a copy of the K series service manual on the shelf for less than $20, a good investment since you're already addicted and afflicted.

you can use genuine kohler parts or aftermarket parts for considerably less $. their are ebay stores that sell engine kits at real reasonable prices, gasket & seal set,rings,rod and piston as a kit, crank bearings and valves are extra.

stevasaurus

I have good luck finding what I need at the library, and I can check them out. All the Chilton's, Small engine books, Kohler books, etc. :thumbs: