Sign in to follow this  
mowerman1193

Tiller belt???

mowerman1193

How do you go about looking up a tiller belt for a 36" tiller? I did a search and cannot seem to find it under the tractor number..I did a search here in the forums and found that I could use a John Deere belt for a L series 48" deck. The post gave the part number so I went to Deere and bought the belt only to find it is probably 4-5" too short. Belt claims to be 129.5" long according to the part number.

What really has me fired up is I have a brand new $60 belt from toro in the barn, but I cannot find it and I think I ended up using it on mother-in-laws MTD mower deck :thumbs::wh:

I do not have a number from my tiller but its a newer NOS Toro one I picked up for $75 and used one time..Dang belts almost cost more than my tiller did.. :wh::D Trying to mount it onto my Work Horse GT1600 8 speed..

Anyone have a part number for the belt? Or, hate to do it but money is tight right now, aftermarket belt measurements. :D:D I hate aftermarket belts as they never last as long but I need my garden tilled soon..

Kevin

gwest_ca

How do you go about looking up a tiller belt for a 36" tiller?

You look at the parts list for the tiller. The one listed for the GT-1600 is 07-36TL02 and the belt is #110265 1/2"x141". None of the major belt suppliers list a replacement.

Take a look at the parts lists - they show 2 different locations for the front idler depending on single or twin cylinder.

Garry

sgtsampay

Also, since you have the same tractor as i do, you will have to get the shorter of the two belts when you go to the dealer. Also, move your idler pulley to the hole that goes towards the rear of the tractor. I hope this also helps. :thumbs:

daveoman1966

Use W/horse belt # 110265. It is 141 x .5. Here are some aftermarket belts that MAY suit...no promises though:

Count OEM Part Number Outside Length (in.) Width (in.) Description Notes (

mcwh1950

Also, since you have the same tractor as i do, you will have to get the shorter of the two belts when you go to the dealer. Also, move your idler pulley to the hole that goes towards the rear of the tractor. I hope this also helps. :thumbs:

Bob are you taking about belt 1599 , 139.5 long by .5 wide.

That one of the thing a lot of people don't under stand it is not the tiller but what mid mount idlers that you are using on the tiller.

Kevin The 110265 is a HA belt in not a v belt. BUY a oem belt. A v belt 141 long dose not work good at all.

sgtsampay

That one of the thing a lot of people don't under stand it is not the tiller but what mid mount idlers that you are using on the tiller.

Kevin The 110265 is a HA belt in not a v belt. BUY a oem belt. A v belt 141 long dose not work good at all.

Um, so am I correct? Also, isn't it different size do to the engine pto mounts being slightly different from the briggs to the kohlers?

• Like 1

lobo

I just got through ordering one from, www.vbelts4less.com. for my 36' tiller, #7-1252. It calls for the A136 belt- 138 x .5. It's alot cheaper but the shipping is over the top :thumbs: but still cheaper than Napa, could be you get what you pay for, we'll see.

Steve

SE Iowa

mcwh1950

I just got through ordering one from, www.vbelts4less.com. for my 36' tiller, #7-1252. It calls for the A136 belt- 138 x .5. It's alot cheaper but the shipping is over the top :thumbs: but still cheaper than Napa, could be you get what you pay for, we'll see.

Steve

SE Iowa

Steve If you got a 7-1252 tiller it call for for the 1599 belt. Read the following post about the a136 belt.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...&hl=tiller+belt

mcwh1950

Um, so am I correct? Also, isn't it different size do to the engine pto mounts being slightly different from the briggs to the kohlers?

Bob I don't know if you are right about the belt size.

What I was tring to said is that all mi mount idlers build before 1982 use the 1599 belt. Any mid mount idlers build in 1982 and after use the 110265. (The same belt that is use on a lot of the 37" side discharge deck ) .the mid mount idlers that is home make that sell on ebay also call for the 1599 belt of you try to use the 110265 on this mid mount idler it is to big.

mowerman1193

What are the differences in the idlers? I have a NOS Toro Tiller but the idler didn't come with it..I bought that separate..

I bet the difference is something to do with the hole that the pulley goes in for the twin cyl. tractors?

Kevin

mcwh1950

Kevin The only way that I can explain this is look at the following diff between part 38 in the following picture.

This is 07-36tl01 tiller. On the attact & interchangeability list it call to use belt 110265 on the twin engine for 1982. For the c serious use belt 1599.

79R10003.gif

This is 37-36tl02 It call for the 110265 belt on all model.

70R20003.gif

Hope this help so.

mowerman1193

Smitty, thanks for the explanation...

Now I just got off the phone with my local toro dealer and he didn't have a toro belt in stock and said he has a cross for that belt which was $34.** and the actual Toro belt is $52.** this guy knows his stuff too..I should have asked him what the cross belt would be..but since he says he has a cross for it then I would assume it might be a regular V belt. He said they use the cross belt on several different mower decks..

This is for the 110265 belt that I am speaking of..

Kevin

mowerman1193

Ok I went to the Deere dealer to return the belt I had bought and exchanged it for the GX21833 cost me $32.** come home and put it on and tilled the garden. Seems to be working good. I plan to till a larger area after I clean up the brush pile and move some stuff around.. Pictures at the link below...

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?act=ST&f=3&t=28021

Kevin

lobo

Yes thank you MCWH1950, You are right it does call for ther 1599 belt, and I talked to the guy at vbelts4less nad he said that the A136 would work, woldn't be surprized that it won't and just my luck that this question came up just after I ordered it... :hide: