Sign in to follow this  
rydogg

Kohler twin low compression

rydogg

I checked the compression on my other D200 that I picked up recently it only had 30psi per cylinder, any suggestions, could it be the valves? I am hoping for an easy fix since I am not going to be rebuilding the motor if it is bad I will just be using it for parts to keep my other D200 running. I am going to try to get it running and see if that will help maybe the valves are dirty or ??? The twin cylinders motors are a whole new experience for me since everything else I own is single cylinder.

Horse'n Around

I dont know anything about these engines either but Im wondering if it has a auto compression release type system like a Kohler? just a shot in the dark...

dobeleo

Have you tried giving the cylinder a shot of oil and rechecking the compression?

I was thinking about the low compression feature for easy start up too, I have that on my K301 12 HP

What engine does it have?

rydogg

I sprayed down the cylinders with fogging oil I will recheck in a couple days, the motor is a K532 Kohler twin 20hp. Not sure if this motor has a compression release I will need to look into that further unless someone here knows for sure, the other K532 motor had 100 psi per cylinder when I spun it over :thumbs: .

Trouty56

The K482 does not have a compression release feature. I'm pretty sure the 532 does not also.

shorts

crank the engine to distribute the foging oil in the cylinders snd then recheck the compression, a significant increase indicates worn piston rings, minimal or no change indicates either a valve or piston ring problem. try to get the engine runnung by squirting some gas in the carburator, most of the time sticky valves and rings will free up if you can start the engine and keep it running long enough to get it warm