Sign in to follow this  
LuckyJohn

How to install a Slot Hitch

LuckyJohn

I am wanting to install my slot hitch off of my 312-8 (it is getting disable and rebuilt this summer) on my 416H. It looks like I have to take the rock shaft off of the 312 and install in on the 416 and run the cable. Besides doing all of this is there a place were I can order a new slot hitch to install on the 416 so I don't have to rob it off of the 312? I have looked on Ebay and found the hitch itself but none of the hardware. Thanks

John

shorts

correct me if I'm wrong, the rock shafts should both have 2 levers, one facing forward to lift/lower and one pointing down to push/pull. for the cable assembly I think that an automotive park brake cable could be used for donor parts and modified to work by using the 312 for a guide/plan. :thumbs:

TT

You don't really need the under-fender bellcrank. They weren't used until 1976-ish anyhow, and all they basically did was make it a little easier to lift heavier attachments.

If you want to buy the parts you don't feel like making - or if you just want to buy everything, follow this LINK to the IPL. Parts are available online or from your local Toro dealer. :thumbs:

LuckyJohn

The cable that I took off of the 312 is not long enough to go all the way to the back of the 416, did WH make different sizes for different mowers.

TT

If you want to use a straight cable (no under-fender bellcrank) you'll have to make it yourself.

The only difference between the OEM lift cable assemblies used on the gear drive vs. hydro models is the length of the clevis at the lift lever attachment end.