Sign in to follow this  
btrrg1969

Homelite

btrrg1969

I pulled the trigger on this deal , Homelite T-10 ser # 28301291 , 10 horse B.S. cast iron block and aluminum head . The PO said it hasn't ran for over seven years , she and her son said her husband couldnt get it to run , got it home poured some gas in the carb , hooked up the jumper cables from my truck straight to the starter generator , a few turns and she fired right up , put some gas in the tank and drove it around the yard.Not bad for $20. I dont know the year , I was hoping someone might help , if you look at the photos , on the hood were some dates that he change the oil and so forth , the newest was in 1999 , so I think it sat longer than they thought , anyhow any info would be great.

0429111617.jpg

0429111614.jpg

0429111613b.jpg

0429111613a.jpg

0429111613.jpg

0429111612c.jpg

0429111612b.jpg

0429111612a.jpg

0429111612.jpg

perry

looks to be in pretty good shape. that is a Allis made homelite , ya did good :thumbs:

early 70's tractor. did you read this ? - http://www.simpletractors.com/Main/homelite.htm

n1defan

I think the tag on the Briggs will tell you what year it is. That is a nice looking tractor. I have one also, but mine is smaller with a vertical shaft Briggs.

btrrg1969

It is a cool tractor , I have already sold it , or gave it away , I sold it to my buddy from work for $20 , I saved it from a scrap yard and gave it a new life .Thanks for the info Perry , I'll pass it on to my friend

perry

Homelite

The first Homelites were painted red and reputedly made by a firm called "Brady." Beginning in 1971, Allis-Chalmers produced Homelite tractors at the Lexington, South Carolina plant. The T-10 and T-16 used AC B-Series frames with the seat decks, steering wheels, and pedals from the Simplicity 3300/3400 series. The hood used a 3300/3400 series front, turned upside down. Hitch spacing was different from AC/Simplicity models up until early 1973. The dash/cowl, running boards, and front axles were exclusive to Homelite. The Lexington built T-8

btrrg1969

Perry ,

Thanks for the good info , I'll pass it on to my friend . Brandon