Sign in to follow this  
shallowwatersailor

New to the Fleet

shallowwatersailor

I just got this :thumbs: 312-A home today after almost buying a 523Dxi to match my 518xi. Now for sure my car will never fit on MY side of the garage! I have been looking for quite some time for a Johnny Bucket to work my property. This one was new last fall and hardly used by the previous owner. The shine is actually still on it. The Johnny Bucket Jr. has the optional 2X Turbo Dump feature and Bucket Doubler.

DSC05451.jpg

The previous owner made a stainless steel muffler for it which looks nice. It could use new tires as the old are dry rotted, but they still hold air. The ID label is unreadable so I don't know the serial number. Is there another way to find out? I believe that it is a 1987 and from what I have read, in that year they had two different charging circuits. They were a 3 amp vs a 15 amp. Is there an easy way to tell? Also, would it be worth it to go to 8" and 23" wheels respectively like a 400 series or would I lose too much power? I am looking at the weight rating of the 6" and 22" current size with respect to the loader. Would they even fit under the seat pan? I know that the 8" would interfere with the mower deck but I don't plan on mowing with this one.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

John

LuckyJohn

Man that looks great, I would love to try one of those Johnny Buckets.

corn53

Nice score!!!! :thumbs:

rmaynard

Great pick up John. When are you coming up to my house to help me move 20 yards of mulch? :thumbs:

shallowwatersailor

Great pick up John. When are you coming up to my house to help me move 20 yards of mulch? :wh:

Bring your trailer , Bob - after I move my pile! :thumbs:

Coadster32

Nice looking setup. :thumbs:

Retired Wrencher

:thumbs: :wh::D John Nice looking worker I have seen there adds it looks like those Buckets are real workers I hope u enjoy the 312A I had 1 a while back it was a nice tractor. Enjoy The seat time. Gary B.............

Duff

I am looking at the weight rating of the 6" and 22" current size with respect to the loader. Would they even fit under the seat pan? I know that the 8" would interfere with the mower deck but I don't plan on mowing with this one.

John, the 8" and 23" tires will fit just fine as long as you aren't going to use a 37" SD mower. Plenty of clearance under the seat pan. Shouldn't bother your speed or power at all, and might just make steering a smidge easier!

~Duff

JoeMonag

John, I have had a JBjr that I purchased used from a fellow member. I used it for the past few years on my 310-8, and recently instaled it on my 416-8. I bought the tooth bar option a while back, and my son got me a set of "Caddy Arms" for my birthday last year. The tooth bar is very rugged and helps when scraping and digging. and the caddy arms are handy for lugging around long items. Both are easily installed and quick to remove.

I think you will find it is a very well built, practical unit. If you go to the Johnny Bucket sight you will find other options are available. Remember the bucket doubler increases the volume you can pick up, but not the weight capacity. It is fine for mulch, and light soil. I have the manual if you have any questions.

Good luck and have fun. Joe in Norton, MA

JoeMonag

OH, John ,forgot to mention, I drillled out, tapped and installed grease fittings on all the pivot points on the JBjr., as I want mine to last a long time.

Joe in Norton

shallowwatersailor

OH, John ,forgot to mention, I drillled out, tapped and installed grease fittings on all the pivot points on the JBjr., as I want mine to last a long time.

Joe in Norton

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the ideas on the additional pieces for the Johnny Bucket. I was already planning on the caddy arms but the tooth bar sounds good as well. Thanks for the tip on greasing the fittings. It makes sense. Its too bad that it doesn't come that way already. But its always fun to personalize on a piece of machinery. Did you get the joystick? That is something else that I was thinking abou getting.

John

shallowwatersailor

I am looking at the weight rating of the 6" and 22" current size with respect to the loader. Would they even fit under the seat pan? I know that the 8" would interfere with the mower deck but I don't plan on mowing with this one.

John, the 8" and 23" tires will fit just fine as long as you aren't going to use a 37" SD mower. Plenty of clearance under the seat pan. Shouldn't bother your speed or power at all, and might just make steering a smidge easier!

~Duff

Duff,

Thanks for the tip on the tires. I wanted to get Ags for the rear so the 23x8.5 -12 should be easier to find. My thoughts are running about 20 psi on the front when working the bucket.

John

can whlvr

go for the bigger tires,they look better than the small factory ones,jmo