Sign in to follow this  
VinsRJ

The Evolution of The Rat

VinsRJ

About a year ago I started my Rat project and it has gone through so many twists and turns it

stevebo

Vince,

I like the lowered seat-looks great !!

corn53

:wh: Love it!!!! :thumbs:

Gene_S

Vince thats really cool... :wh: I also like the low seat and the tall shifter is a great touch... :thumbs:

sgtsampay

Looks really cool. Where did you get the piston for the shift nob?

Ken B

Way cool Vin. In the last pic you have different meats on the front rims, nice touch.

AMC RULES

Definity looks pretty sinister with the rims blacked out. Way cool Vin, hit it out of the park. :thumbs:

Coadster32

I like the lowered seat, new fronts, and black/white painted rears. Oh, and the piston hi shifter is cool too. :wh: (Sure you're done) :thumbs:

wallfish

Looks good Vin but I thought you were going add some speed as well.

horsefeathers

Vince the "Rat" has evolved! But you ain't done yet!(are you!)

Rember TV Tommy Ivo's Digger? 4 Buick 401 nailheads?

You got room for another engine out fornt!!!

And now about that exhaust, there's a hole in the hood

were the gas cap was. Good place to dump out some pipes!

Keep going "Rats" are never finished!

:thumbs: HORSEFEATHERS!

tunahead72

:thumbs:

I will not be spending any more time on it, it

hcminis

Looking great Vince.

Got my H.F. Clone all mounted and finished. STILL will not run in third gear though. Have no clue what that is about.

littleredrider

Is it the motor or the tranny?? Might have to rejet if you did any work to it. I tweaked my HF clone and need to rejet it. Gonna be a pain to find the right jet, taking it in/out half dozen times....

JC 1965

:wh: G

Great lookin tractor Vince. What size wheels and tires do you have on the rear? :thumbs:

hcminis

:thumbs: :wh:

littleredrider...gotta be the engine. Ran fine with the Kohler on it but the carburetor was from a Techy and won't stay running.

Sent you an email. Think Vince is at his wits end with me...lol

hcminis

OH...BTW...

Vince, how come you changed the gas tank? All the revisions are SWEET!!

Thanks for sharing

wheelhorse656

i liked a mix of all of them!i would have kept the wite shifter ball on there with the lowerd seat and tractor treds on the black and white rims with the boat steering wheel and the stainless steel rimes with the saw tooth tred tires. It lookes awsome the way it is now though!!!! :thumbs:

VinsRJ

Thanks Guys, I really appreciate the comments. Now to answer all the questions :wh:

1) The piston on shifter came from an old Power Products two stroke. I just drilled and tapped it the correct thread.

2) The front wheel/tires are from some :D, I have no idea, later model. I just wanted to white letter the "Wheel Horse" tires. They are a little dry cracked so I didn't remove them from the original rims, just tire blacked the tires and painted the rims.

3) As for speed I put a 3 1/4" pulley on the motor, picks up and goes quite nicely. With the 5003 tranny I didn't want to push it to much.

4) D.J. I have no idea why your Clone craps out in 3rd. I have never had a problem with mine. This is even prior to re-jetting the carb. And BTW you may ask me as many questions as you need :wh: I run a .032 jet in my Clone but, thats with a 1" open header and a K&N filter. I believe a stock Clone comes with a .026 main jet. These motors are run in the Clone Wars go kart racing, there's plenty of power and torque generated to haul your :D in third. There's got to be an issue with yours specifically.

5) The rear tires are 6-12s on a pair of two piece cast iron rims. Thanks to my brother and Charlie :D

6) The removal of the under hood gas tank..... I think it just adds to the rattie-ness of the tractor, plus it reduces weight over the front tires aiding in pulling wheelies. Its part of the reason I replaced as much as I could with drilled out aluminum parts. Plus the RJ tank I took out is MINT!!! and I have other plans for it :D

Oh ya, other things to note: I sanded off the 666 on the hood and installed 1960 repro Suburban decals..... also when I re-made the front spindles I pinched the top of the tires in to give it a wierd look. It did take two or three attempts to aline the thing. I ended up running strings front to back in order to line everything up. :thumbs:

puddlejumper

I like the black and white rims, But the more I look at them maybe change to a ying and yang type pattern.

Irv

Great lookin' rat Vince! What kind of paint did you use to white letter the tires?

JimD

Another very cool Rod Mod by a Redsquare member! Who'da thunk it? :D You guys got some serious talent!! :thumbs: :wh:

grnlark

Well, I said it a year and half ago and I'll say it again: When you get tired of it, I have a parking spot in my garage already cleaned out. :thumbs:

Retired Wrencher

Vince the "Rat" has evolved! But you ain't done yet!(are you!)

Rember TV Tommy Ivo's Digger? 4 Buick 401 nailheads?

You got room for another engine out fornt!!!

And now about that exhaust, there's a hole in the hood

were the gas cap was. Good place to dump out some pipes!

Keep going "Rats" are never finished!

:D HORSEFEATHERS!

:thumbs::wh::D Horse feathers looks like u have some competition out there. Gary B.........

MikesRJ

Interesting use of good restoration parts. :thumbs: :wh:

horsefeathers

GaryB, Bring on the compition for sure, I need the motivation!

Vince the Rat is very cool I like it !

Mike you know I don't like to cut up useable parts!

But I like custom stuff and can't quit!

Anyone intersted in starting a "Rat's Hole" custom show???

Like the bikers do at Daytona?

Rat's Hole at the big show in Pa.!!!!

Let's do it!!! I'll make a trophy! Callin' all RATS!!!