Sign in to follow this  
LuckyJohn

Identify this Wheel Horse

LuckyJohn

A neighbor of mine pick this up on a trade for doing some auto work, well he is not a WH fan, I know this is hard to believe; but he has asked me to help him identify this mower and what the worth is of it. Who knows I might just get off him if the price is right. To the best of his knowledge it is all original except the newly painted rims, and exhaust; the model # he gave me is 104658 and the serial # is 957130. Any information will be helpful. :thumbs:

Attached Image

post-3-1303851005.jpg

Kelly

1973 12 automatic, with elect. clutch, value hard to say it looks good but how does it run, I see the cooling tin for the head on the seat, does the clutch work, trans good?? we need more info to put a ball park value on it, not running $150+ in that shape running good everything works $350+ maybe more just depends.

LuckyJohn

I will go to his shop this weekend and get the information that Kelly brought up, when he was telling me about it the guy had said it had an 18hp on it and it ran good. Wouldn't the 12 automatic have a 12hp Kohler in it, I mean he could have been mistaken with the hp of it since he doesn't know a whole lot on them WH. I might go down there and offer him $200 if it starts up and runs. :thumbs:

Kelly

if the factory engine yes 12hp Kohler, I can see the dip stick tube so for sure a Kohler.

They made a 18hp Kohler single cyl. but they are over head valve and WH never used them, and a running one is worth more that that tractor by double.

Shuboxlover

Isn't that seat worth at least $100?

qd-16

John, if that runs as good as it looks and you can get it for $200, then I would say you are lucky!

Kelly

You could part it out for $500+ if the clutch is good they bring $100+ if the seat is good another $100+ older style 42" deck $150+ steering wheel $30, the list goes on.

Shuboxlover

That thing is waaaaaaay too nice to part out, especially if it runs good, I wished mine looked half that good :wh:

This may be :thumbs: but how did those autos work with the speed lever right there?

Kelly

Push it forward to go forward, pull back to back up, you have to move it a bit sideways between forward and reverse.

corn53

Just picked up a 16 auto and seems to be a nice tractor!!! For 200 I`d definately scoff it up!!!! The seat looks like its in good shape and the tractor looks clean. Id do 350 tops maybe more!!!