Sign in to follow this  
pfrederi

Adding Front weight for plowing

pfrederi

Based on the helpful info here I had decided to use a C-81 I picked up at the show last year to be my moldboard plow tractor. She was pretty rusty and wasn't running. Got her running and did some repainting and mounted the clevis hitch.

Several members suggested that additional front end weight might be needed. Didn't really have anything to use until I thought about the KT17 NOS short block I bought 4 years ago as a back up for my Series 1 former JD motor I had put in my C175. The transplant still runs albeit using some oil so the short block had just been on the shelf. Decided that would make additional front end weight so conversion from a C81 to a C175 was underway.

The only real problem was the lack of available C175 mufflers. I had a 417 muffler but it wouldn't quite clear the hood and required some different engine shrouds.. I modified the hood mounting hinges and added a heat shield. She runs like a champ. Haven't done any plowing yet as the rain never seems to stop,

Still am waiting on a PTO rod and when the weather improves need to paint the fender pan.

She is currently wearing the hood borrowed from my C175

I need a Black Hood hood ... I will be a the Arendtsville show, anyone got one the want to sell??? (shipping on hoods is ridiculous!!

346e8f129482048.jpg

251642129482057.jpg

a57dcc129482073.jpg

corn53

:thumbs: Nice job on the repower!!!!

Kelly

Make you pictures bigger, it's hard for a old man to see them, but sounds like it went good.

corn53

Kelly did u click on em?? They do get a lil bigger.