Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

Stevebo's New Horse Hauler ....

wheelhorse656

Nice truck my grandpa bought a 3/4 ton chevy and we would get 2 inches of sno on the road and that thing would jus sit there and spinn in the drive way. did i mention that was after the new tires he bought for it? he sold that and then bought a Ford 1/2 ton and has never had that problem scince. :thumbs:

jimt1971

Steve,

Awesome truck you have there. Can't wait to see it at the show this year. I personally like the GMC on the rack.

Good Luck with the truck,

Jim

truckin88

Steve what type of cover are you thinking about? I was thinking about putting an old school tonneau cover on mine as it had one on there once upon a time. I went down to Cap City to get some prices on some alternative options but I gave up with them. I waited for twenty minutes while they were helping this one guy, not to mention there were four other people in front of me! I'm not the most patient guy out there. Are you home after 3:30 today? I'd like to check that rig out.

guys, go truxedo if you go with a soft cover, I have had 3, and they are just easy to use (roll up as one piece), great bed access on the fly, and great quality, even with their low end truxport. My dad had one on his 09 Ram, and when there was a problem with the top, they sent him a brand new one within the week.

jimbotelho

ken/steve/will i have a advantage cover on my truck and it is a trifold :wh::thumbs: type easy to open and remove a little bit more than a rollup but-------

C-Series14

Nice truck Steve bo....welcome from another diesel owner...

time to start burning french fry oil!!!!!! :thumbs:

LBZ Duramax in mine.

mavfreak

A guy near me burns fry oil in his dodge, makes me so dam hungry when I get behind him driving down the road!

6wheeler

Steve, thats a nice looking truck. I like that GM white. The diesel woes in that age bracket are real. If you do have problems though, there are plenty of aftermarket parts that are actually better than the originals. Also, a little piece of advice, put softer tires on it if you are not gonna load the heck out of it. I had one that I ran 8 plys on and if you spit under the back tires they would spin out when it was empty. I just think there isn't enough weight on the back for the duallies. I, myself like that tailgate. Did you get the 5th wheel hitch too? Seems like a master plan for a bigger trailer :thumbs:. You know, they sell them nice travel trailers for the four legged horse owners. No reason a rubber legged horse owner shouldn't have one :D:wh::D .

Butch

Steve this is what you need.

http://bedrug.com/

nylyon

Steve, that's a nice truck. Not sure about the GM diesel's but I know my Ford (Yes the 6.0 and I love it!) just got 21.6 MPG on a round trip to Mass 2 weeks ago and that was with Winter blended fuel!

That's going to make a great hauling truck!

stevebo

Thanks guys. Butch I know you love your bed liner. I would like one but I already hauled 4 yards of topsoil, 65 bags of much and my new front entry door... this truck is a super runner and I do not think I will ever go back to a gas vehicle.... I will post some pics of it loaded up with topsoil and the terramite ready to unload it. I was able to score an clean tailgate and decent bedliner at the local junkyard. Need to paint the tailgate as it is red.

Ken B

Steve did you score the tailgate at the New Milford Wrecking yard? If so, I'd like to take the short ride there and have a walk around the joint. I haven't been there in at least 20yrs.

stevebo

Ken,

That is the place. Here are a few pics of the truck doing what is was made for... :thumbs:

IMG_5708.jpg

IMG_5710.jpg

IMG_5709.jpg

I moved about 5 yards of wet topsoil in 2 trips and a bunch of mulch.

truckin88

If you are doing that kind of work, consider a linex or rhino liner professionally installed.

Looks Good!!!

SAM58

:thumbs: :wh::D :D

stevebo

So far this 6.5 is gettin it done...

IMG_5878.jpg

truckin88

I am jealous!

WHC-125

Really nice looking truck! The pics definitely dont do it justice, I got to see it today in person and now I want it :WRS: but a 4th truck I dont think is necessary to have :hide: It was good seeing you Steve and congrats on your new CHEVY!

Ken B

That is pretty impressive Steve. How much weight do you think is in the back of yer Cowboy Cadillac? I had about 1000 pounds in the back of mine last week and she was draggin some ass.