Sign in to follow this  
corn53

My $100 score!!!

corn53

I just scored a sweet little tractor!!!! :thumbs: Can u tell me what it is??? :wh:

P4210022.jpg

P4210023.jpg

P4210024.jpg

P4210025.jpg

P4210028.jpg

Kelly

Nice score, it's a 58 or 59 RJ cool wheel weights

wallfish

I agree 58/59 RJ.

corn53

Thats what I thought but wanted to ask the experts!!! I couldnt believe it when the guy called. He asked me if I was interested in a :D . I asked him what he had. He said I dunno but its been in my wifes family for over 30 years. I asked him if it was a round hood. He said looks kind of rounded but not sure. I asked if it had the motor under the hood or near your satchel. He said its not under the hood but near your legs. I asked him how much? He said 100 bucks and it comes with wheel weights and plow. :wh: I told him consider it sold and I`ll go get it now!!!! Best score Ive made yet!!!!! :thumbs:

corn53

R these WH weights or any other brand that anyone recognizes???

P4210026.jpg

rydogg

Nice score :thumbs: No clue on the weights :wh: they look pretty cool though

neil

Im Jelous

congratulations on a great find

theres a ship leaving USA heading for UK next week ,can you put the tractor on it :thumbs:

arte you going to restore & repaint or keeo ait as it is

kinda like it as it is , but would also look stunning restores ,The hood looks to be in amazing shape

what ever you deside to do with it, im sure it will look stunning.

Im still Jelous

sgtsampay

Wow. great find1 Wow.

stevebo

My vote is a very straight 58 RJ. Congrats and well bought !!

B-8074

The weights look like an old cast iron base for a floor fan. Nice score

wheel horse tractor guy

Hey,

Scott pictures look great i hope i get mine soon good luck with that little project. When i saw the tractor that day sitting in your yard i knew right away it was an rj. Can anyone tell us where the id tags are located on these tractors.

VinsRJ

Nice RJ score..... I kind of like the front wieght :thumbs:

puddlejumper

Are the center holes keyed in those wheel wieghts. Thinking maybe some old split rims for a two wheel tractor of some sort.

wallfish

Can anyone tell us where the id tags are located on these tractors.

It would be on top of the frame rail, front left if it's still there. Most are long gone

wallfish

P4210026.jpg

They look like pulleys to me or like Mitch said, old tire rims.

corn53

Is the tag a sticker or metal tag. I seen this under the weight plate but didnt have time to investigate. U can see something on the left hand side of pic but I didnt want to rip it. :thumbs:

P4210027.jpg

wallfish

Sticker. That's where it is

Horse'n Around

Wow that a deal! I cant wait to see what you decide to do with it.

JC 1965

:wh: Wow!! tractor looks great, and great find. Tractor seems to be in really good condition. Would be a good restoration project. Thanks for the pics!! :thumbs:

mavfreak

Great find at a $100! I hope that tag is readable for you!

fireman

That's in real nice shape! Hood looks straight. That could be the tag in front of the weight. Be real gentile as they tear easy.

corn53

In the pics u see the grey area. Thats the only real damage on it. Looks like it was dinged up and welded??? :thumbs: The only other damage is the rotted seatpan. Is this the original plow?? What else is missing besides the original motor, belt guard, throttle cable and kill switch?? Did it have 2 footrests? Definately want to find the original motor :wh:

Kelly

Rjs did not have foot rest but many people put them on, the one in your picture is a 1961 foot rest, and ifm you want to sell it, I need that side for my 701.

wallfish

In the pics u see the grey area. Thats the only real damage on it. Looks like it was dinged up and welded??? :thumbs: The only other damage is the rotted seatpan. Is this the original plow?? What else is missing besides the original motor, belt guard, throttle cable and kill switch?? Did it have 2 footrests? Definately want to find the original motor :wh:

By the looks of that gas cap it also appears like you will need a gas tank too. The front rims appear to be OK but hard to tell from pics. They usually rot out because they were filled from the factory with calcium cloride. I believe the dozer blade is a 60 or 61 with the correct tractor mount for an RJ. The suburban mounts are a little different. I'm not 100% sure when those were made but I think they were just adapted to the RJ with the mount. The older RJ blades use a pipe and connect to the frame near the motor. Your blade would be "period correct" for an RJ. Original motor would be a K90 or a Clinton B1200/1290. A K91 will look right at home on there and are easier to find.

dodge78

I think it looks like a steam valve handle.