Sign in to follow this  
Butch

New C-85

Butch

Bought a new C-85 off craigslist today and it was only a 90 minute drive. I was contemplating a 26 hour drive to Indiana and back for a WH but decided against it.

This one looked much better in person than in the photos and the 36 SD deck is mint. They really took good care of it.

They wanted $750 but we settled on $600.

I'll take some pics tomorrow and post them. It is a very clean machine.

Butch

I have already put it to work chopping up leaves and garden clippings with the 36" deck on it. That deck looks brand new.

I also had a 14x20 shed made by the Amish delivered a few days ago for it's new home! They can take up space pretty fast because there is also a C-175 Automatic in there with it.

WH1981C-85002.jpg

WH1981C-85001.jpg

WH1981C-85006.jpg

rmaynard

Very nice Butch. Looks like it was never "rode hard and put away wet".

gwgdog66

:thumbs: Sweet :wh:

JimD

Very nice addition Butch. :thumbs:

Irv

Not just the deck, the whole tractor looks new! Great find!

bo dawg

Looks great and well taken care of!

I love that style of WH, it's just that the little 8 hp looks lost in that big hood area. :thumbs:

Butch, the building looks pretty nice too!

Butch

I love that style of WH, it's just that the little 8 hp looks lost in that big hood area. :thumbs:

Bo Dawg I was hoping for something bigger but ran out of patience. I really considered driving out to Indiana for a tractor. But after only driving 90 minutes for this one I'm glad I didn't do the 26 hour trip. But I was hoping for at least 12 hp or bigger. Oh well.

Thanks for the kudos everyone!

1gr8vetter

Congratulations on your pruchase. It looks GREAT!!!

bo dawg

Bo Dawg I was hoping for something bigger but ran out of patience. I really considered driving out to Indiana for a tractor. But after only driving 90 minutes for this one I'm glad I didn't do the 26 hour trip. But I was hoping for at least 12 hp or bigger. Oh well.

Thanks for the kudos everyone!

I think the 8 hp will give you plenty of power. I just couldn't help saying how the tractor looks like it swallowed up that little motor. Its all good though, I would buy one that looked that nice. That's a pretty sharp tractor!

stevebo

Butch,

You seem to really like those blackhoods.... Looks great !!

JC 1965

:wh: Wow!! that tractor looks new. You can sure tell It's

been well cared for. Great find!! :thumbs:

corn53

:thumbs:

dgjks6

Butch,

Actually it looks like the rare red hood/black grill.

I do have a question, though. What year is it? My c-85 has different shift knobs. No balls. The older ones with the decals.

tgranthamfd

Looks nice, :thumbs: I kinda like "the black hoods" myself. Seems like they are roomier for the tall guys. good job, nice find.

Ken B

Very nice score Butch! It looks like it was worth the wait. That 8 hp will be much better on gas than the KT17. THAT is fo sure.

Butch

Butch,

I do have a question, though. What year is it? My c-85 has different shift knobs. No balls. The older ones with the decals.

I really don't know the year and they didn't tell me. No papers or manuals came with it either. And I am no good at looking at one of these and telling the year!! :wh: :thumbs:

Butch

Very nice score Butch! It looks like it was worth the wait. That 8 hp will be much better on gas than the KT17. THAT is fo sure.

I have already noticed gas goes much further with this than that C-175 Automatic!! :thumbs:

c175inMA

Butch,

I always thought that those hoods had been repainted red :thumbs:

TT

It looks like the engine is solid-mounted, which would make this one a 1983.

It's obviously been painted - or at least most of the sheetmetal has - which would explain the lack of black on the top of the hood. :wh:

Very nice (and highly capable) tractor, Butch........ and I know exactly what you mean about the fuel usage comparison between a little one-lunger and a big twin. My 704 could run for a few days off the fumes from the Onan on my 416. :thumbs:

Butch

It looks like the engine is solid-mounted, which would make this one a 1983.

It's obviously been painted - or at least most of the sheetmetal has - which would explain the lack of black on the top of the hood. :D

Very nice (and highly capable) tractor, Butch........ and I know exactly what you mean about the fuel usage comparison between a little one-lunger and a big twin. My 704 could run for a few days off the fumes from the Onan on my 416. :D

A 1983 because the engine is a solid mount? :thumbs: Now that's why I love this site!! :wh: Thanks TT. :wh: :D