Sign in to follow this  
sgtsampay

Different hitches?

sgtsampay

Hi all. I have been tring ti figure out a simple little way to mount a trailer ball on the back of tractor so I can move some trailer around my yard. The problem is the ball needs to be about 4 in higher than the standard pin hitch's hole is. So, anyone outher there have any info about some other hitches that they made or have that could fit the bill? Thanks.

jusjeepn

For a quick, no hassles hitch that simply bolts to your existing draw bar, check you local ATV dealer. They have a universal ATV hitch adapter that simply bolts on and raises your towing point about 3 1/2". I have found these at TSC, Big R stores, Rural King, etc...just about any place that sells anything ATV items. There are also several on Ebay, just type in "Wheel Horse hitch" and you'll get many results!

sgtsampay

Thanks, I will see what I can find!

gwgdog66

I bought a front and rear hitch off E-bay a couple of years ago. You might be able to see them in my avatar. Just for moving trailers around the property. Real good quality. Here is the link to the thread. I'm not sure if he is still selling them.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=9833&hl=

He is still selling them. This is the rear hitch

http://cgi.ebay.com/WHEEL-HORSE-TORO-LAWN-...d#ht_500wt_1156

squonk

I went to a friend who is a fabricator. He got some steel that would fit into my slot hitch. Welded 2 pieces at the proper angle and drilled 2 holes. Hitch pin in one end, ball in the other.

sgtsampay

can you post a picture?

gwgdog66: Nice hitches you showed me but I would like to try and make me my own somehow. So, can any plans or designs?

can whlvr

i fabbed one out of an old reese receiver off of my old chev,i cut it and used a couple peices of angle iron and the dozer brackets,i like this set up because i can put any hitch with a 2 inch tube (standard size for pickup trucks)here is a photo or 2

013-1.jpg

022-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

squonk

Hitch off of my 704 for trailer moving:

DSCF0894.jpg

Sethro

I bought the same permanent mount front hitch as gwgdog66. It works great, and it is a quality piece. It isn't cheap, but if you don't have the tools (or skills) to fab it up yourself the price of $49 isn't all that bad.

Attached Image

post-4-1304099694.jpg

sgtsampay

Hitch off of my 704 for trailer moving:

DSCF0894.jpg

Why didn't I think of that! Wow, that what I'm going to do. that super alsome idea! Using the slot hitch like that. Glad I just got one. :thumbs:

Pirate

Got this one with a plow I bought.

c175inMA

Got this one with a plow I bought.

WOW :hide: That looks heavy duty

skeggordon

Speaking of hitches, sent away for one of these Sunday. Less money that the current Ebay offerings. Tow ring will be a convenient spot for the safety chains. Am going to use it to tow my utility trailer around the yard. It's from YardandGardenDirect.com.

3WAYHITCHKit.png

Use with a Trailer Ball, a Pin Hitch or a Tow Strap for ATV or Lawn and Garden Tractors.

This adapter can be used 3 different ways to add versatility to your ATV or Lawn and Garden Tractor. Allows both the use of a ball hitch AND a pin hitch! Welded tow ring for use with tow straps and chains. Install in the down position to lower your hitch height by 2" or reverse to raise your hitch height. Mounting hole for 3/4" shank trailer ball. Powder-coated black with hardware shown. (trailer ball NOT included)

Will send in some pictures of it installed in a few days.

Yours, Jay Gordon

dmoore

Speaking of hitches, sent away for one of these Sunday. Less money that the current Ebay offerings. Tow ring will be a convenient spot for the safety chains. Am going to use it to tow my utility trailer around the yard. It's from YardandGardenDirect.com.

3WAYHITCHKit.png

Use with a Trailer Ball, a Pin Hitch or a Tow Strap for ATV or Lawn and Garden Tractors.

This adapter can be used 3 different ways to add versatility to your ATV or Lawn and Garden Tractor. Allows both the use of a ball hitch AND a pin hitch! Welded tow ring for use with tow straps and chains. Install in the down position to lower your hitch height by 2" or reverse to raise your hitch height. Mounting hole for 3/4" shank trailer ball. Powder-coated black with hardware shown. (trailer ball NOT included)

Yours, Jay Gordon

So this unit will bolt directly to my current wheel horse draw bar? I think I like the the other better because it has a the enclosed loop that slides over the existing draw bar then bolts up....Not that it would loosen up and shift side to side with a small trailer attached...........D

tunahead72

:woohoo: :D