Sign in to follow this  
Martin

Just got number 2

Martin

right about now my wife is at work concerned about her husband (me) turning into 'one of those guys on that forum that has way too many tractors'..........

i convinced her fairly easily that it was a good thing for me to look at a 875 on craigslist about 45 minutes from me. actually i was really surprised how easy it was. thats not to say im game to try it again anytime soon. :thumbs:

at least for awhile anyway. :wh:

well enough of that, im sure most everyone here has already been there. so heres my second wheel horse... an 875. came with a blade and deck, really happy that the rust is almost non existant. probably just gonna get it running good and clean it up a little, bit of wax on the paint to brighten it up abit, maybe a new seat. enjoy the pics.

CIMG0676.jpg

CIMG0677.jpg

CIMG0678.jpg

corn53

:wh: It looks very clean!!! Nice score!!! :thumbs:

neil

Tractor looks to be in amazing condition, it would also be a shame to change the seat for a new one , Couldnt you restore the original one .

great find :thumbs:

I also know about the problems with the wife about how many tractors that i need and do i rally need 14 tractors , especially as i live in an apartment LOL

smokin joe

Thats a good looking tractor :wh: :thumbs:

ipperwash

Great looking tractor NICE SCORE.

Lane Ranger

You've got the Wheel Horse bug Martin!

Now you need to just start worrrying about more space!

Nice looking 875 -one of the first real nice automatics.

:thumbs:

PS : That seat cover looks original -save it and just add some more foam cushion underneath the cover and it will look and feel a lot better. The foam has worn out from age.

My 1967 Lawn Ranger L-107 still has the original seat cover (just like the 875 model) and it has more newer foam in it.

100_1333.jpg

dclarke

Nice looking 875 Martin :thumbs:

fabricator2009

:thumbs: very nice.

Dresden Guy

Tractor looks to be in amazing condition, it would also be a shame to change the seat for a new one , Couldnt you restore the original one .

great find :thumbs:

I also know about the problems with the wife about how many tractors that i need and do i rally need 14 tractors , especially as i live in an apartment LOL

Neil,

Great looking 875 Horse :wh: (is it #13 or #14???). And for the wife's questioning how many horses you have / need....... I hear a similar "chorus". What our wives need to understand when it comes to a "WH addiction" is: don't try to confuse us with facts and logic ........... It won't work!!!! :D :D

P.S. - I don't even have a barn or a shed ........ my horses just set outside with raincaots on!! But, I am currently building a 16' X 20' barn.

smoreau

:thumbs: Very nice! It does have the wrong stickers on the hood. It should look like this

007.jpg

001.jpg

The 875 and the 1075 were the very first hydro trans or wheel-o-matic tractors for wheel horse and mine has been in my family cents it was new in 1965. You will love this little tractor and it turns on a dime with that short frame. GREAT SCORE!! And keep that seat! they are hard to find!! I need two of them know and haven't found one yet.

boovuc

Nice original tractor. Clean! That machine had some care!

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

wheel horse tractor guy

Very nice tractor. I got my eye on one that is at a local mower shop it has been there since the begining of winter the model is an 876 . Soon i'm going to ask the person who runs the show there whats going on with it and hopfully score this one.

good job god bless and good luck :thumbs:

Martin

thanks for the comments and pics guys, i thought it was a really good buy, too good to pass up and really close to home... i left and was back home with it in under 2 hours, and that included fighting the weather (i guess i did drive home dripping wet, but it was worth it). will do everything i can to get the seat looking good, might replace it with something cheap and work on getting it good without rushing it. it does have some fairly big rips between the two colors, one right in the middle of the white,and no foam at all. its real hard and brittle too.i think its too far gone to get perfect without replacing the cover.

smoreau, yes those hood decals are wrong..... i plan on getting a decal set from terry. a few other things dont look right as well..... the hydro shift plate doesnt look correct, looks like somebody screwed a different plate over the top. the dash has been done the same too. doesnt look right , lights dont make sense with the markings and it has been cut out around the gen light and light switch. and then theres those lights.........see pics.......

the seat.

CIMG0683.jpg

the dash and shift plate....

CIMG0680.jpg

CIMG0682.jpg

CIMG0681.jpg

mavfreak

Looks really nice but the headlights look a little odd. Looks like they should be on the back of a trailer. Nice looking tractor though! :thumbs:

Martin

Looks really nice but the headlights look a little odd. Looks like they should be on the back of a trailer. Nice looking tractor though! :thumbs:

when i first looked at this yesterday i thought they looked odd. would be nice to have some lights but these will not be staying........

JC 1965

:thumbs: Really nice looking tractor, You can see it has been well cared for. I was also wondering about those lights on the front. Anyway you have a very nice tractor there. Congrats!! :wh:

Retired Wrencher

:thumbs: :wh::D I Agree it is still a nice tractor withe a little touch up it will be even Better. It is hard to find them in that shape here are a few of my 1075.1075isDone010.jpg1075isDone008.jpg1075isDone011.jpg

qd-16

Like Lane Ranger said, save the seat cover even if its shot!! You can have someone make a new one for ya....

I had a couple of those seat covers made once and they turned out nice

whorse8-18-09005.jpg

Martin

thanks for the pics guys, gives me more ideas. the pics of that 1075 really helps alot. my shift plate is all wrong, in fact theres two of them in there. ive also been thinking alot about the seat and i will be getting one made up using the old one as a pattern. im taking a break while doing this, been working on it all day. changed the oils and cleaned all sorts of crap out from around the hydro. its a really nice little tractor and im happy that i jumped at it as soon as i saw it on craigslist. i forgot to mention that i bought this thing without it running. the seller had tried to get it running and no go. it was a gamble for me buying something without knowing how it was mechanically. just felt right and the po was very honest as to how he was presenting it. i took a chance and im glad i didnt let it slip through my fingers. got it home and started messing with it today. points werent doing their thing so a quick clean up, fix a busted plug lead, and a new battery and it was running good. it needs a little work. the paint is fairly weathered(those first few pics make it look real good---i had just pushed it out of the back of the truck and theres about 2 hours of heavy rain on it, just shining it up). mechanically its good. engine smokes a little at odd times, maybe look at the breather, and the carb is alittle screwy every now and again. the hydro works fantastic, couldnt be happier and it drives real nice. anyway thats enough rambling, going out to do a little more. have some more pics from today and maybe will post a video as well.

can whlvr

thats a real nice tractor,thats my favorite year of horses,the first hydro and the first of the square hoods,well kinda,not including the 64 tractors

Martin

we all like looking at pics of wheel horses......

heres some pics and a video thrown in.

the 875 with blade hooked up.....

CIMG0695.jpg

refreshing the oils.....

CIMG0690.jpg

CIMG0699.jpg

heres a vid...

(this is the only time i got to ride today, my ten year old got more seat time.....)

th_CIMG0684-1.jpg

Lane Ranger

Nice viedo of you enjoying your new tractor!

It is amazing how well a 45 year old Wheel Horse can function when you have one that

is all there and basically in great shape.

You and you son are going to enjoy this Wheel Horse a lot.

Martin

Nice viedo of you enjoying your new tractor!

It is amazing how well a 45 year old Wheel Horse can function when you have one that

is all there and basically in great shape.

You and you son are going to enjoy this Wheel Horse a lot.

thanks lane,

im trying to encourage kent to understand the importance of looking after the machinery as well as having fun riding it. its nice to share an interest and i guess at the moment is just all fun for him but im looking at it as a father son bonding thing as well as maybe leading on to him having something to build himself one day. well see.... you can lead them, but in the end the decisions really are up to them. he is #5 and the last of the whole raising kids thing for us. its definitely had its ups and downs, 2 success stories and 2 not so good so far, but this is the last one for sure!

martin

smoreau

thanks for the comments and pics guys, i thought it was a really good buy, too good to pass up and really close to home... i left and was back home with it in under 2 hours, and that included fighting the weather (i guess i did drive home dripping wet, but it was worth it). will do everything i can to get the seat looking good, might replace it with something cheap and work on getting it good without rushing it. it does have some fairly big rips between the two colors, one right in the middle of the white,and no foam at all. its real hard and brittle too.i think its too far gone to get perfect without replacing the cover.

smoreau, yes those hood decals are wrong..... i plan on getting a decal set from terry. a few other things dont look right as well..... the hydro shift plate doesnt look correct, looks like somebody screwed a different plate over the top. the dash has been done the same too. doesnt look right , lights dont make sense with the markings and it has been cut out around the gen light and light switch. and then theres those lights.........see pics.......

the seat.

CIMG0683.jpg

the dash and shift plate....

CIMG0680.jpg

CIMG0682.jpg

CIMG0681.jpg

First of all there is a plastic cover that doesn't belong on the tractor. It looks like the original may be under it. also the plate that doesn't look right there is two plates there. remove the top one and you will find the correct one under it. and it is in the right place also. Terry has the correct decals for both of these plates. Steering wheel should be a two spoke and they are hard to find in good shape. got lucky on mine and found a simi-good one 35 miles from me. Glen also has the correct steering wheel center cap for the 2 spoke. looks like some one has tried to clean this 875 up with some newer style tractor parts. Still a great buy though! I wouldn't of given it a second thought. I love mine

Coadster32

Nice pickup! :thumbs: I'll also vote for keeping the seat, and ditching the eye-balls.