Sign in to follow this  
Truck4

Rear tires needed

Truck4

Hey guys new guy here as I just found this page, looks like it will be a world of help. Anyway need some help finding some new rear tires for my dads 69 (I think) 1054 as we have not been able to find any around here, also how wide can he go on the stock rim? we live the southwest were we have alot of sand and the narrow tires just dig down some times, also interested in putting duals on it, other than obvious what if anything needs to be done, again thanks for any and all help

Roy

B-8074

First, :thumbs: Second, I always get my tires the same place I get them for my truck and car. I would ask them.

can whlvr

i too buy my tires from my local tire shop,they will wheel and deal and i dont pay shipping,they get them fast,allways next day,for the duals,u need the dual adapter,and it does place alot of extra pressure on the axle,if you are going to really use it they arnt really recommended,i have a dual adapter that i built,took it off when i saw a few pics of snapped axles,they do look really cool though, :thumbs:

Truck4

Thanks guys, guess I did not think of getting ahold of my tire guy :thumbs: ok so duals are not the best idea, what options do we have to run alittle wider tire than the stock? thanks