Sign in to follow this  
byoung

Kohler Parts

byoung

I have seen some coplete rebuild kits on eBay for really good price have any of you used one of these kits and if so were they any good. If the kit are not up to par where is the best place to buy kohler parts? thanks Brian

Martin

if you have a napa parts store nearby, i think you will find they sell many kohler parts at really reasonable prices. most of their part numbering is just the kohler numbering with their prefix.. ie SME 2575701S is the kohler 2575701-s carb kit for the carter n on a k241. this lists for 7.99 much cheaper than i could find anywhere. heres a link for you.....

napa just make sure its a geniune kit. not sure if everything is like this but everything ive got so far is the geniune kohler.

JC 1965

:thumbs: Check out Red Square member KB9LOR on this forum. I'm pretty sure He sells kohler parts. Hope this helps. :wh:

tunahead72

Brian,

I agree with Martin (mlhsierra99) that NAPA is generally a good source of Kohler parts. I've been buying from my local NAPA store for many years now, and have been very happy with their prices and selection.

Recently, though, it seems like they'll sometimes try to sell me an aftermarket part (usually Stens) instead of the genuine Kohler part. These are usually cheaper, but I tend to prefer the real thing. Just as one example, the Stens substitute for my air filter doesn't have nearly as many pleats as the Kohler, which I think means it doesn't filter the air entering my carb as well.

Just be aware.

Also, I'm kinda new to this forum, so I don't really have a feel yet for what's available from the members here, but I would definitely check out the Vendors section to see what they have to offer.

rick

When NAPA doesn't have what I need, I use www.opeengines.com. Fair prices, and fast shipping.

tunahead72

When NAPA doesn't have what I need, I use www.opeengines.com. Fair prices, and fast shipping.

Yeah, what Rick said.

Also, there's a topic here that lists (among a whole lot of other useful information) OEM suppliers. It's a pinned topic called "Wheel Horse Links", under "Wheel Horse Tractors".

I've had good luck with Parts Tree and Jack's Small Engines.

Hope this helps!

KB9LOR

I can get you both Genuine and Aftermarket Kohler parts, here is the problem, on the Genuine it is top dollar, on aftermarket, I can get you a huge discount so it is really a preference thing. But I have used the aftermarket on my own Horse's with no problems to rebuild 2 k301as engines on my C-125's.

sgtsampay

Go with KB9LOR. He has great deals. :thumbs: