Sign in to follow this  
Wheelhorse_UK

Vacuum Bagger

Wheelhorse_UK

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a late model vacuum bagger they could give me some details of please? My tractor is a 1992 518H and I'm trying to work out how the belt drive pto runs to the rear to drive the bagger. There appear to have been two types pre and post C series and the difference appears to be caused by the rear footplate mounting rod on the C series...it gets in the way on the older model, so they changed the belt run, I think. A photo of the idler pulleys under the footplate would be a great help if anyone can oblige. Many thanks!

farmer

First :thumbs: .

I have the "Twin Bagger" which I use in the autumn on a 312, this has the grass accelerator attached to the deck, but I don't think its the type you mean.

My 518 has a cut away in the right hand running board, I presume for a belt to drive a rear mount accelerator. Ive not seen this attachment so I'll be interested to see what you can find out about it...Good luck and again, welcome :wh:

Wheelhorse_UK

Hi Farmer,

Many thanks for your thoughts....yes, not your type, and you are right, the slot in the rear face of your right hand running board is for the drive belt (it uses an additional belt guard to save your leg!). The earlier machines appear to have had the slot in the horizontal part of the running board as the belt appears to take a lower path....I've seen some drawings on Toro's MPV, but it's not too clear how the belt runs exactly, hence my request for a photo.....someone out there surely has one... I'll take some photos of my set up when I have some progress to report. Best regards (and thanks for the welcome!)

mr.pipes

If you are a member of wheelhorsetractormanuals on yahoo groups they have manuals for the vac I think you are talking about. The vac manuals are in wheelhorsetractormanuals5_1

Wheelhorse_UK

Hey Mr Pipes, thanks for the tip...I'm already a member of 5_1 but I can't see the manual for the later model...only the earlier one with the single idler pulley. Perhaps I should go back and have another look? You wouldn't happen to know which one the later model is would you?

mr.pipes

Are you talking about this type of bagger?

toro_Vac_BaggerThumb.jpg

vacbag10.jpg

vacbag9.jpg

vacbag3.jpg

vacbag2.jpg

vacbag1.jpg

Wheelhorse_UK

Hi Mr Pipes, excellent pics, thank you very much...but not that bagger, though it's great to see how the belt run works on this type! this is type Farmer was talking about.

The one I'm struggling with is a late model rear mounted bagger that blows into a wheelie bin mounted on a frame on the axle.

I'm reverse engineering one (they are like hen's teeth over here) and I think I have made a bit of a break through this evening. I need to do some more engineering and I need a longer belt to check that everything is in alignment, biut I'll post some pics when I have it done.

Thanks once again!