Sign in to follow this  
littleredrider

World's only 508-H??

littleredrider

Had a pretty good weekend. Sold some parts to Ken (Raider12puller) and Herb (Herbl) so now I have some cash to get the 10 horse diesel!!!! :thumbs:

Also had a K181 kicking around since the summer. Tried to get it running, but couldn't get much of anything out of it. Bought if of craigslist for $40, was off a 65 or 66 (need to look at the numbers again) had the S/G but was gone. Found a K161 in the junkyard that had the recoil on it, also had the magneto instead of the coil setup. Swapped the parts around, but only got a fart here and there. Didn't help any that it was bolted to a couple boards, so couldn't get a real pull out of it. So sat in the garage.

Once Ken left, got the 520 in the garage, mounted up the K181, sprayed some gas in the carb, same thing as before. Couldn't get more than a couple chug chugs. Buddy came over to help out for a bit. Pulled the plug, was black, but wasn't wet, so didn't think it was fouled. Tried a couple more times, still nothing. Had another plug laying around, cleaned it up, and started on the first pull.

Then we made an IV for the fuel supply. Took a Pepsi bottle, drilled a hole so a screw in metal valve stem would fit in the cap, and clamped the fuel line to the pump. Tipped on end so the fuel would flow.

Thing seems to run awesome!!!! Need to tweak the carb a little, but starts on the first pull.

Also wanted to see how the hydro worked on the tractor. So far it seems to work OK. But, since the pulley is too small, and little underpowered, wasn't a fast trip. Only got a couple pics, started to get dark.....Soon, it will have a diesel under the hood.

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/27...t=entertainment

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/25...t=entertainment

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/24...t=entertainment

Kelly

Poor engine looks lost in there, but at least you got it running, and for $40 sounds like you did ok.

corn53

:thumbs: Awesome motor!!! Got one like it on my b60 and can pull start it on the seat!!! Very nice :wh:

littleredrider

It starts easier than the 181 with electric start on my ranger...

sgtsampay

Thats little engine looks so funny on a big tractor. Now put a diesel in there and then that would be a cool 510-h. LOl.

littleredrider

I got some coin in my paypal now, so gonna order one real quick!!!!

Since I'm gonna repaint it and need new stickers, was trying to think of what I can have them say. Was thinking on the hood sticker were it says "520-H" to "520-H/D" and where it says "Hydro" on the dash tower "Hydro" then "Diesel" underneath, or course all in matching font.

First thing need to get the diesel.

mavfreak

That is one small engine in there!

littleredrider

I had to take a picture of it when I put it in there, looks like a half horse motor!!!

But in the lawn ranger, looks right at home!!! Thinking this engine will make it's way into the 63 ranger, since it has no electrics, and will bolt right in with no issues.

But I just ordered the 10 horse diesel off evilbay, so hopefully this engine wont look as small....Get some pics soon as the engine comes in, should be the end of the week!!!!!

mr.pipes

I told myself I wouldn't ever post pics if this tractor but when I saw the Worlds Only 508-H I had to.

"The World's Only 507-H"

002.jpg

can whlvr

hey you do what you gotta do,i had a 3.5 in my 308 for an hour to see if i fixed the tranny properly,and i have a c120 with a chinese peice of garbage in it for now,just so i can move it around,its a hydro(hope i didnt offend anybody about the chinese crap motor,sorry thats my expierience with them)

littleredrider

Hope the chinese diesel is as good as the Chinese 13 horse I have. Great little engine....

SALTYWRIGHT

I HAVE HAD MY 10 H/P DIESEL FOR 2+ YEARS NOW AND IT IS FINE. IT IS IN MY 417-8. IT HAS MORE POWER THAN THE 17-K I TOOK OUT. RUSS

sgtsampay

Good to know salty that they last for a while, as I'm just starting to get confortable with my new diesel. HEHE>

can whlvr

as i said before,i didnt mean to insult anyone,i hope the chinese stuff does work and last for anyone who uses them,i have a few myself,maybe they are getting better