Sign in to follow this  
cubguy

520H Foot Control install question

cubguy

I am installing a foot control kit on my 520H. The top of the pivot arm that attaches to the pedal is rubbing on the bottom of my transmission drive belt. Has anyone seen this or have a fix? The belt does seem a little loose, but I am not sure if the tensioner pulley is adjustable or not.

Thank you,

Guy

littleredrider

Dunno on rubbing, but where did you get the conversion?? Need one for mine....

DOC in Kentucky

Sorry Guy but I can't help you as I have never installed one on a 520 but I have sold 5 or 6 of these to be installed on the 520 model. Try sending an e-mail to

Jim M or Zeig72, I know they have them installed and working. Or just search "foot control" posts over 30 days old and you will see a few threads discussing the install on the 520 model.

B-8074

I have one I got from DOC it's on my C-175 and the belt dosen't rub. I would check the idler pulley tension spring. If the belt is flopping when the tensioner is on you may need a spring.

refracman

My 195 is doing the same thing. I believe it has to be because the motor is in a different position because of the longer frame. I havent gotten into it. Might have to reposition the foot control stand closer to the motor.

When these came in the 70s out they were for the standard C series and probably never cahnged after that.