Sign in to follow this  
zieg72

$93 lighter...

zieg72

I knew it was going to be expensive just wasn't prepared for $93.. 4 quarts of oil, oil filters, air filters and pre-filters. Toro OEM stuff is expensive...

B-8074

Ouch! I always use the toro hydro filters and they are not cheap. Everything else I get at TSC. They have a full line of Kohler products, from oil to filters.

smoreau

As for filters I use wix in my hydros. They are most of the time much better then stock oem filters in quality in the automotive field. It isn't that the oem is bad in any way, all I'm saying is that wix has more media in them for filtering out the bad stuff. Top of the line would be baldwin filters. They are a lot of money, but are made to be the best filter on the market period. Thats why all those truckers use them and get a million miles on a engine. Just my 2 cents worth.

Rollerman

As for filters I use wix in my hydros. They are most of the time much better then stock oem filters in quality in the automotive field. It isn't that the oem is bad in any way, all I'm saying is that wix has more media in them for filtering out the bad stuff. Top of the line would be baldwin filters. They are a lot of money, but are made to be the best filter on the market period. Thats why all those truckers use them and get a million miles on a engine. Just my 2 cents worth.

Scott you might be surprised how unique the OEM filter for the WheelHorse hydro's are.

Nothing wrong with Wix products, but the WheelHorse OEM filter is designed in a way that no other aftermarket filter can match it's flow & might actually starve out the hydro.

This has been discussed here before, I even used to run aftermarket filters in my hydro Horses.

There is a thread here somewhere showing a WheelHorse OEM & various aftermarket filters cut in half on a band saw.......seeing is beliveing.

squonk

Cut open a Wix and you won't be disappointed. Top of the line unlike the Fram cardboard crap. Visit a Napa (Wix makes theirs) and see for yourself. They usually have a filter cut out display.

fabricator2009

Where can I get Baldwin filters?