Sign in to follow this  
dunk50

"ROAD TRIP"

dunk50

First you need to understand that the miles get longer as you get older. Got up earlier than normal yesterday had a cup of coffee and hit the road. South Bend to Traverse City 250+ miles. Stopped for fuel once and drove drove drove. Pulled into Chris's (munsonRN) housing area and saw the 417-A Shook hands, said Hi to his wife, said sooeee this is it. Looked at it for about 15 seconds and handed him an envelope with the money. Dropped the tailgate on the trailer and drove the tractor on. Told him I really wanted to get home and thanks a lot and off I went. Doubt I was there 10 minutes. Total of 8 hours round trip with 75 MPH near non stop driving. Must confess at one point I pulled over in a desolate wooded area to get rid of that cup of coffee I mentioned earlier. This tractor has had photos posted of it twice so I am just going to post a link. Over the summer I will do some work on it and pictures will follow. Thanks Chris

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...topic=27256&hl=

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=9802&hl=

Now for Mentone Saturday!!!!!

Pollack Pete

Ahhhh.....love those road trips.The squaw and I travel as a team.We've met some great people and been to a lot of places we've never even heard of.We have a trip to Rhode Island planned in a couple weeks to go to an RS member's house to make a purchase.Great looking tractor you have there.Good luck with it.

dpm2000bolt

looks like a nice tractor you got there

fabricator2009

:thumbs:

Kelly

looks like a nice tractor, you must have been not to far from me on your way up.

can whlvr

good clean lookin tractor

smoreau

I know you will love this tractor! I love the power of mine. and yours looks to be in better condition then mine. Good Buy!! My only problem is thy like to drink gas a lot more then my one lung tractors.

dunk50

This tractor is in for an easy life. Almost retired like me. I will get it back to GREAT condition and then use it minimally. Blowing some snow and maybe pulling a small trailer once in a while. That's about it. I am liking it even with the list of fixes I need to make. ! :thumbs: